join:2001-12-06
Houghton Lake, MI

1 edit

mmainprize to jabarnut

to jabarnut

Re: WTF!!! Adobe Flash installing unwanted programs

Click for full size
said by jabarnut:

And then, there's the Filehippo Update Checker, which is something I really like.
»www.filehippo.com/updatechecker/

I never used that program before, i have been using the free version, Secunia Personal Software Inspector (PSI) and it has worked well.
»secunia.com/vulnerabilit ··· ersonal/

I am still using the older Version 2 of this program as some like it better the the new version 3 where they made it a smiple UI.

See screen shoot

Boricua
Premium Member
join:2002-01-26
Sacramuerto

Boricua

Premium Member

said by mmainprize:

I never used that program before, i have been using the free version, Secunia Personal Software Inspector (PSI) and it has worked well.

I am still using the older Version 2 of this program as some like it better the the new version 3 where they made it a smiple UI.

A manager at my job told me about this which I started using for home a few weeks ago. Excellent program.

angussf
Premium Member
join:2002-01-11
Tucson, AZ

angussf to mmainprize

Premium Member

to mmainprize
said by mmainprize:

... before, i have been using the free version, Secunia Personal Software Inspector (PSI) and it has worked well.

I tried PSI, but I don't like the fact that it wants to run all the time in my system tray. It feeds info about my sytem back to Secunia.

jabarnut
Light Years Away
Premium Member
join:2005-01-22
Galaxy M31

jabarnut

Premium Member

Yes, I've certainly used Secunia's PSI in the past as well. And while it's a lot more, um, thorough than Filehippo UDC, I like the fact that UDC is very, very fast, and will show you which basic programs are out of date.
Seems to me PSI took a painfully long time to scan. (Although it's been quite a while since I've used it).