spc
uniqs
Terabit
join:2008-12-19

Terabit to pnh102

to pnh102

Re: Truth

Which municipal FTTH project failed?

Actually, the legislation was proposed by the large Telcos in various states, to completely prevent any county or city from installing their own FTTH. That decision should be left up to the voters of a community, not Republican legislators and their corporate cronies.
said by pnh102:

Of course, there is nothing stopping private investors from using their own money, or raising money, to fund such a venture.

Which part of they do not want to service these areas do you fail to grasp? Moreover, am I surprised with you stance? No. Republicans hate government yet have no problem whatsoever using it to push a corporate agenda.

pnh102
Reptiles Are Cuddly And Pretty
Premium Member
join:2002-05-02
Mount Airy, MD

pnh102

Premium Member

said by Terabit:

Which municipal FTTH project failed?

Here are a few. And why do you conclude that any government-funded project has a guaranteed success?

»A Municipal Failure

»www.carolinajournal.com/ ··· ?id=7562

»www.smartplanet.com/blog ··· fi/11546

»www.technologyreview.com ··· romised/
said by Terabit:

Actually, the legislation was proposed by the large Telcos in various states...

I couldn't care less who proposed it. In the end the taxpayers win because their money isn't wasted on something that isn't vital.
said by Terabit:

Which part of they do not want to service these areas do you fail to grasp?

Ok I am typing this really slow so that you understand. My suggestion was for *private* entities and persons to raise their own money to build their network. You do realize this doesn't have to mean a cable or telephone company, right?