spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Hellouser123
@wind.ca

Hellouser123

Anon

Kitchener Stanley Park DSL Speeds

Title should say it all. I'm currently only capable of getting 1mbit speed via DSL with Bell unless taking my chances for 6mbit service but I will lose my unlimited bandwidth. Not sure if Teksavvy even offers this in my area anymore but was told that my signal may drop at the maximum speed and internet will go down often.

I called Voice Network since they also run on Fibrenetics but I'm outside of their perimeter for service which doesn't help either.

Bell has claimed theyre getting Fibe in Kitchener/Waterloo for over a year now.... about a year and a half now, so where the hell are the necessary upgrades for it?

That said, does anyone have any idea of when I can expect to Bell to do anything about this? $45/month for 1mbit service is a disgusting joke that only people as passive as Canadians would tolerate this crap form Bell.

fibbing
@bell.ca

fibbing

Anon

"Fibe" is just a name, for the mostpart, even though Bell has been adding more DSLAM remote cabinets around K-W in the past few years.

Near Stanley Park Mall, most people on the east side of River Road are now connected to a remote capable of up to Fibe 25, but those in the established subdivision to the west are stuck with Fibe 5 since they connect all the way back to the Kingsway CO. This is the ongoing problem -- haves and have nots in pockets around the city until the upgrades reach everybody.

Getting a straight answer out of BHell about when to expect your particular area to be upgraded is virtually impossible. I live just off King St. E. and can't understand why they haven't yet put new DSLAM remotes to serve the half-dozen highrises, when they did sprinkle a number of them for the lower-density townhouses two blocks eastward.