spc
uniqs
baess
join:2011-01-28

1 edit

baess to boopin

to boopin

Re: Any plans for WatchESPN?

The WatchESPN I know is an online service. And you asked if WOW has it, and they do.

»espn.go.com/watchespn/about?

Accessing your favorite live sports and shows from ESPN is now easier than ever with WatchESPN. WatchESPN brings you 24/7 live programming from your favorite ESPN Networks on your computer, mobile phone, and tablet.

The WatchESPN app and WatchESPN.com have you covered with live streaming access to the following ESPN networks, live events, and shows:

ESPN Networks
ESPN
ESPN2
ESPN3
ESPNU

AFAIK there is no WatchESPN TV channel so why would you request it?
mogamer
join:2011-04-20
Royal Oak, MI

mogamer

said by baess:

The WatchESPN I know is an online service. And you asked if WOW has it, and they do.

»espn.go.com/watchespn/about?

Accessing your favorite live sports and shows from ESPN is now easier than ever with WatchESPN. WatchESPN brings you 24/7 live programming from your favorite ESPN Networks on your computer, mobile phone, and tablet.

The WatchESPN app and WatchESPN.com have you covered with live streaming access to the following ESPN networks, live events, and shows:

ESPN Networks
ESPN
ESPN2
ESPN3
ESPNU

There is a difference between ESPN3 and WatchESPN, even ESPN acknowledges this by changing what ESPN3 broadcasts. I'm sure you already knew this, but just wanted to show off how "smart" you are.
NuclearXP9
join:2012-04-12
Trenton, MI

NuclearXP9 to baess

to baess
said by baess:

Because the app states to request the channel via your cable provider if you want access to it. I presume there is some partnership between WOW subscribers (since you have to verify your account to use the mobile app) and ESPN. If you know some better means for requesting this through WOW and can contribute a link rather than asking questions, I'm all ears.
baess

2 edits

baess to mogamer

to mogamer
said by mogamer:

There is a difference between ESPN3 and WatchESPN, even ESPN acknowledges this by changing what ESPN3 broadcasts. I'm sure you already knew this, but just wanted to show off how "smart" you are.

He asked about WatchESPN. I have WatchESPN through WOW.

Apparently it is ESPN3 that is the real issue. I'm "smart" enough to understand that.

Part of the problem is I rarely went to that sight. I now see that there are little keys next to most everything and those programs can't be watched.

So would full access from WOW restore those?

Otherwise I don't really see a point to the site the way it is.

The FAQs made it a bit clearer. Because of the changes WatchESPN is pretty much useless unless WOW gets back in. I'm thinking they will, someone just didn't know about this change.
mogamer
join:2011-04-20
Royal Oak, MI

mogamer

said by baess:

said by mogamer:

He asked about WatchESPN. I have WatchESPN through WOW.

Apparently it is ESPN3 that is the real issue. I'm "smart" enough to understand that.

Part of the problem is I rarely went to that sight. I now see that there are little keys next to most everything and those programs can't be watched.

So would full access from WOW restore those?

Otherwise I don't really see a point to the site the way it is.

The FAQs made it a bit clearer. Because of the changes WatchESPN is pretty much useless unless WOW gets back in. I'm thinking they will, someone just didn't know about this change.

Yes, ESPN3 is a part of WatchESPN. But the question about WatchESPN was about WOW! getting the entire package and not about a tv channel. Which was pretty easy to understand if you've read about ESPN's recent actions. Thus your answer was just plain douchy.
boopin
join:2011-08-25
Pickerington, OH

boopin to baess

to baess
said by baess:

Because of the changes WatchESPN is pretty much useless unless WOW gets back in. I'm thinking they will, someone just didn't know about this change.

Yep, that's really all I was pointing out. It's basically useless unless WOW re-affiliates themselves with WatchESPN instead of just ESPN3. And I wouldn't be surprised if your last sentence is correct. This ESPN3 stuff especially will only become very noticeable now with college football season kicking off. That's the reason I noticed it last night.
baess

baess to mogamer

to mogamer
said by mogamer:

Yes, ESPN3 is a part of WatchESPN. But the question about WatchESPN was about WOW! getting the entire package and not about a tv channel. Which was pretty easy to understand if you've read about ESPN's recent actions. Thus your answer was just plain douchy.

You are pretty rude. Someone linked to the WOW Request a Channel site. That's why I thought a channel was involved.