spc
uniqs

TigerLord

join:2002-06-09
Canada

TigerLord to Krisnatharok

to Krisnatharok

Re: [GW2] ArenaNet wielding a mighty banhammer

There was a Karma exploit yesterday in which certain Norn karma weapons were sold at 1/1000th of their actual cost. People bought these weapons to put em in the mystic forge and get exotics out of it.

Anet suspended people who bought over 40 but less than 100 for 72 hours. Anyone who bought more than 100 of these weapons were PERMA banned.

Lots of people discussing it on reddit.
ohh
join:2011-07-16
San Jose, CA

ohh

said by TigerLord:

There was a Karma exploit yesterday in which certain Norn karma weapons were sold at 1/1000th of their actual cost. People bought these weapons to put em in the mystic forge and get exotics out of it.

Anet suspended people who bought over 40 but less than 100 for 72 hours. Anyone who bought more than 100 of these weapons were PERMA banned.

They changed the perma bans to 72 hours IF the people email them and apologize. I personally think arena net fucked up. They should have just sucked the items out of the people's accounts, replaced their cash and gave them a warning... I mean people just fucking spent $45 to $60 on their game.. Did arena net temp or perm ban the employee that fucked up? Too harsh.

TigerLord

join:2002-06-09
Canada

TigerLord

Yeah I saw the post from the head dev on reddit that said they would give players a chance this one time. I think they wanted to set the tone and make an example out of them. The next exploit that pops up though, I doubt they'll be lenient.

Remember there is no monthly fee to play GW2. There is no financial price to perma ban an account for them to pay. They care more about the integrity of their game, which is respectable.

I still found perma bans a bit harsh, too.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to TigerLord

Premium Member

to TigerLord
said by TigerLord:

Boo fricken hoo.

I AM
Premium Member
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA

I AM to TigerLord

Premium Member

to TigerLord
said by TigerLord:

How comes I never find these glitches!

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

1 recommendation

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

Text of their post on Reddit:

»www.reddit.com/r/Guildwa ··· exploit/

Today we banned a number of players for exploiting Guild Wars 2. We take our community and the integrity of the game very seriously, and want to be clear that intentionally exploiting the game is unacceptable. The players we banned were certainly intentionally and repeatedly exploiting a bug in the game. We intended to send a very clear message that exploiting the game in this way will not be tolerated, and we believe this message now has been well understood.

We also believe and respect that people make mistakes. This is in fact the first example of a widespread exploit in the game. With this in mind, we are offering the members of our community who exploited the game a second chance to repair the damage that has been done.

Thus, just this once, we will offer to convert permanent bans to 72-hour suspensions. Should those involved want to accept this offer of reinstatement, contact us on our support website--support.guildwars2.com—and submit a ticket through the "Ask a Question" tab. Please use the subject heading of "Karma Weapons Exploit Appeal", then confirm in the body of your ticket that you will delete any items/currency that you gained from the exploit. You should submit only one ticket. Once you have done so, we will lower your ban to 72 hours, and following your re-activation we will check your account to make sure that you have honored your commitment. If that commitment is not honored, we will re-terminate the account.

This is a first and final warning. Moving forward, please make sure you that when you see an exploitable part of the game, you report it and do not attempt to benefit from it.

We look forward to seeing you in game,
Yours Sincerely,
Chris Whiteside- Lead Producer ArenaNet

Anyone perma-banned just needs to open a ticket to have it lowered to a 3-day ban. I'm guessing they won't be so lenient if that same person gets banned again for another exploit.

I, for one, completely agree with them. Build the reputation of having little mercy on exploiters and illegitimate gold farmers, and many cheaters will be discouraged from using GW2 in the first place. They can go back to WoW.

Koil
Premium Member
join:2002-09-10
Irmo, SC

Koil

Premium Member

These guys are straight up badasses....love it.

I AM
Premium Member
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA

1 recommendation

I AM to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok
said by Krisnatharok:

They can go back to WoW.

That should be the punishment for cheating in GW2.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

Or D3. Or SWTOR. I don't care.

facepalm
join:2012-08-20
Lumberton, TX

facepalm to Koil

to Koil
For all us Seinfeld fans.

pr1mo
Premium Member
join:2003-11-12
Chicago, IL

pr1mo

Premium Member

said by facepalm:

For all us Seinfeld fans.

hahahaha one of my favorite episodes.

TheThing
join:2012-08-10

TheThing to I AM

to I AM
said by I AM:

said by Krisnatharok:

They can go back to WoW.

+1 lol

facepalm
join:2012-08-20
Lumberton, TX

facepalm

said by TheThing:

said by I AM:

said by Krisnatharok:

They can go back to WoW.

+1 lol

+2 Hilarious. How did I miss this? lol