how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

a_mckie

join:2012-08-31
East York, ON

[TV] Fibe 2202 receiver doesn't play nice with 2262 PVR

Fibe TV service was installed this week including a 2262 PVR and 2202 secondary receiver. The installers had trouble getting everything working fully, and even swapped the PVR unit, but felt that they had sorted it out before they left.

However, after using the service for a couple of days I've come to the conclusion there is a problem with the communication between the PVR and the secondary receiver.

- The list of available recordings to watch as displayed on the 2202 is frozen in time from the moment the unit is booted up. If I restart the unit, it will get a fresh list of recorded programs from the PVR, but it never updates after that. The PVR always indicates the correct list of available recordings.
- If a recording is initiated from the 2202, it will indicate that the show is being recorded with the banner message on the screen, but the red light will not come on the front of the 2202 and it will not be added to the list of available programs. The PVR does get its red light turned on and the show will be added to the list of available recordings.
- If the PVR is recording when the 2202 is rebooted, the 2202's red light will come on and stay on permanently. Likewise if the PVR is not recording at the time of rebooting the 2202, it'll never be turned on for the 2202.
- The pause function works on the 2202 if the PVR is active (not in standby) but never works if the PVR is in standby mode. At first I wasn't sure if this was expected behaviour, but I'm beginning to think it is not correct.
- Though the pause function works on the 2202 initially, it usually stops working 5 to 10 minutes after the 2202 is rebooted. I get "Pause is not available. Try again." at all times after that first 'window' of opportunity after a reboot.
- Rebooting both units will make things seem better, but only for a short period of time (this is how the installers left thinking it was working OK).

I have done a lot of testing with the PVR and it really seems to be working perfectly. I can also access live streams from the 2202 no problem. All my issues are with trying to access PVR functions (including pause) from the 2202.

The install was done using existing coax cables. In order to eliminate that as the source of the problems -- the installers were quite concerned that the household wiring might be the cause of the problems they saw while they were working -- I temporarily connected both units to the Fibe gateway with a wired ethernet connection. This made absolutely no difference to the quirks with the 2202.

I'm new to the service so I took my time and tried to be methodical with testing. I'm thinking that the 2202 may need to be swapped out. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Martin
Premium
join:2005-05-05
@bell.ca
kudos:3

- Disconnect the power of the two receivers.

- Reconnects the PVR 2262 only until it displays three point on the screen, it display three points immediately disconnects again, repeated three times the process until the point to be replaced by two gear.

- Wait completely rebooted until the TV picture appears, left open.

- Repeat the same process on 2202 receiver.

- The problem should be completely repaired.

a_mckie

join:2012-08-31
East York, ON
reply to a_mckie

Hi Martin,

First of all, thanks so much for your quick reply.

Secondly, thanks so much for solving the problem! Your method has worked perfectly and I am now enjoying the same level of service on both boxes. =)

If anyone finds this thread later on after having the same problem, the only thing I will add to Martin's instructions is that those three points (dots) come and go in a flash right when power is first applied. My TV (quite old) would not sync with the video signal fast enough to even show the three dots on the screen at boot-up. They are showing for just a brief moment. I kept thinking I'd see them as part of the blue welcome screens as the device boots, but they're actually long gone by that point. So I tried using a simple composite video cable and then I did see them right away. Everything else went just as Martin described and I'm very appreciative of the help!

-Alasdair

ruggs

join:2012-03-26
Ontario
Reviews:
·Bell Sympatico
reply to Martin

said by Martin:

- Reconnects the PVR 2262 only until it displays three point on the screen, it display three points immediately disconnects again, repeated three times the process until the point to be replaced by two gear.

How long does the soft DRA take? I know the hard DRA is about 17 min, but never tried the soft DRA

Luke_gaud

@bell.ca
reply to Martin

Hello,

Martin can you explain the solution in french i think you will help lot of people?

Thank's

TigerLord
Resident pentaxian
Premium,Mod
join:2002-06-09
Canada
kudos:8
Reviews:
·ELECTRONICBOX
reply to Martin

said by Martin:

-Débranches l'alimentation des deux terminaux

-Rebranche le PVR2262 en premier jusqu'à ce que trois points apparaissent. Si les points aparaissent immediatement, debranche et rebranche, trois fois, jusqu'à ce que les points deviennent des icones d'outils (?)

-Répeter l'étape prédécente avec le 2202

-Le problème devrait être réglé

Martin
Premium
join:2005-05-05
@bell.ca
kudos:3

1 edit
reply to a_mckie

- Débrancher l'alimentation électrique des deux récepteurs.

- Rebrancher le PVR2262 en premier jusqu'à ce que trois points apparaissent à l'écran, aussitôt qu'ils apparaisent, débrancher le courant à nouveau, répété l'étape trois fois jusqu'à ce que les points soit remplacé par deux roues d'engrenage.

- Laissez le récepteur redémarrer jusqu'à ce que l'image télé revienne, une fois terminé, laissez le récepteur ouvert.

- Répéter les étapes sur tous les autres 2202 un à la fois.

- Le problème devrait être complètement réglé!

cool50

join:2012-08-26
Pierrefonds, QC
reply to Martin

Thanks Martin. I have same issue and it fix after follow your instruction. You are the man