join:2007-10-28
Philadelphia, PA

3 recommendations

jlivingood to koitsu

Premium Member

to koitsu

Re: [Speed] Heads-Up: Time to Replace Your DOCSIS 1.1 Modem

said by koitsu:

Every single time I have spoken to Comcast CSRs about problems with a carrier frequency range (e.g. "an issue with a single channel") -- and here's a real-world example -- the CSR appears to have absolutely no visibility into this (or if they do, they aren't being trained how to do it). Instead, they just say "your upstream looks fine" and "your downstream looks fine". I ask them to give me numbers (for which a SB6121 should show them 4 downstream SNRs and power levels, and 3 upstream SNRs and power levels), but all they appear to have on their screen is a single downstream SNR + power level and a single upstream SNR + power level. This does not help when it comes to DOCSIS 3.x.

Good feedback - which relates to the tools that our Care team has. Let me give that some thought and see what we can do to solve it.

mb6
join:2000-07-23
Washington, NJ

mb6

Just ordered a Motorola SB6141. Does it support IPV6, my SB6120 does, and can it be configured via the walled garden method or must I call in?

SHoTTa35
@optonline.net

SHoTTa35

Anon

All D3 modems support IPv6 as it's part of the specification. The difference is if Comcast certifies it on their network to be IPv6 compliant. AFAIK, they do however.

Wayne99021
Premium Member
join:2004-12-28
Mead, WA

Wayne99021 to mb6

Premium Member

to mb6
Comcast doesn't show it as IPV6, but it is.
Go to the Motorola site or any dealer that sells them and it will show it does support IPV6.
I have that modem and really like it, I think you will to.

mb6
join:2000-07-23
Washington, NJ

mb6

Did you use the walled garden process to associate it with your account, or did you call in to have it provisioned?

Wayne99021
Premium Member
join:2004-12-28
Mead, WA

Wayne99021

Premium Member

No. I had tried the wall garden a couple times without success on other modems so stopped trying.
Call Comcast, give them the MAC address and they can have you up and going in about 10 minutes.
They can also look at your signals at the same time.