share rss forum feed

Teddy Boom
k kudos Received
Premium
join:2007-01-29
Toronto, ON
kudos:20

[Cable] Attn Marc: Cable modem firmware and TSI technical suppor

A customer of mine just called Teksavvy about drops in her internet connection. The first thing the agent did was get her to read the firmware version on the modem. The second thing the agent did was tell the customer she needed a new modem because the firmware is no longer officially supported.

Of course the customer called me immediately, because I provided the modem. Within about 30 seconds it was pretty clear that she is probably experiencing wireless drops, and not cable modem problems of any kind.

This is the third time this week a similar situation has come up. It can't go on like this. Until the basic troubleshooting is finished, and some attempt to isolate the source of problems is made, Teksavvy shouldn't even be looking for firmware version. Teksavvy tech support should be telling customers about rebooting modems, factory resets, trying hard wired connection to isolate wireless issues, and checking signal levels without ever questioning what firmware (or even modem model) a customer is using. The only time a Teksavvy agent should be thinking firmware version is when they are opening a ticket with Rogers.
--
electronicsguru.ca/for_sale/Cablemodems

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:26

Re: [Cable] Attn Marc: Cable modem firmware and TSI technical su

looking into it.

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP