spc
uniqs

battleop
join:2005-09-28

battleop to MrTwister6

to MrTwister6

Re: [HELP] Portchenell issues

"One that was kind of funny, was doing a "show run" command"

I ran into that in some 2600 some time ago. We never found the exact time but the router had to run for several months before it would happen to us.
HELLFIRE
MVM
join:2009-11-25

HELLFIRE

MVM

said by MrTwister :

you know how server people always like to point the fingers at the network.

Preaching to the choir here MrTwister. Remind me to look up for a server job next time; apparently your
only qualifications needed are a) a full lobotomy, b) a knack for blaming everyone but yourself, c) the
ability to parrot "It MUST be [insert here]'s fault" without documenting proof, d) finding the darndest
ways to NOT be near the pager / cell / BB / email / etc when that big troubleshoot conf call is going on...
and you're the last one to the party, and e) all resolutions are "server was rebooted, repeat after me."

Case in point, two issues that stuck out for my week : one was a running email trail where some jacka$$ who
has NOT contributed an iota of useful ANYTHING during troubleshooting takes it upon himself to basically
say "please give me a lesson in private VLANs, oh, can you also check if there were any link flaps at the time?
This is really important and would help us (read:him) in troubleshooting."

Case #2 was users complaining of 1/2 the user PCs unable to access an app, the other 1/2 working find.
Nonworking PCs could telnet to the destination server by name and IP address on the proper port... how's
THAT a fscking network issue? Wasted two hours of our time, and the morons insisted Networks hold
the problem ticket while they "investigated with HP."
said by Da Geek Kid :

Think of Server folks as Grandma's driving down the street

I rather think of them as a lower life form that needs to be exterminated at the earliest opportunity...
preferably at Network Battleship if possible -- switchport C-9, "AHH! MY FILE SHARES!!" network drop
B-17, "THAT'S MY NETWORK JACK!"

Regards
HELLFIRE

HELLFIRE to battleop

MVM

to battleop
[doublepost]