ZZZZZZZ
Premium
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE
kudos:1

Anyone use Trusteer Rapport?

Click for full size
Pros or cons?

Seems pretty straightforward.........but is it worth the extra running service?
--
~~Go Lions....back to back Cups!!~~

Snowy
Premium
join:2003-04-05
Kailua, HI
kudos:6

I haven't looked at it in awhile but it's not something that I'd use or recommend.
»Trusteer Rapport is now available for Firefox 4.0

rcdailey
Dragoonfly
Premium
join:2005-03-29
Rialto, CA
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to ZZZZZZZ

I used it for a while with the B of A site, but it also checks other sites, and I got tired of adding the trusted sites. I could not see any special advantage and it is yet another service that loads at boot. I removed it.
--
It is easier for a camel to put on a bikini than an old man to thread a needle.

PrntRhd
Premium
join:2004-11-03
Fairfield, CA
reply to ZZZZZZZ

My bank offered it, I tried it, and removed it after 3 weeks.
Annoying as hell.

TrusteerSupp

join:2012-09-01
reply to ZZZZZZZ

Hi,

I am a member of the Trusteer Technical Support team.

[Mod: Advertising verbiage deleted. --kc]

If any of you have encountered issues with Rapport, please feel free to contact us through our website: »www.trusteer.com/support/en/report-problem

Regards,
Trusteer Technical Support

hurleyp

join:2000-06-20
Ottawa, ON
reply to ZZZZZZZ

My bank has recommended it, and I'm giving it a spin. So far there aren't any problems (that I can pin to TR). I'll give it a good week or 2 and see if it's worth the effort.
--
"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
PARADISE
reply to ZZZZZZZ

I've read all the bad reviews especially the problems with W7...........BUT all of them are dated last year.

I've got it on my WXP and it seems to work fine.......you just add sites you want protected and it doesn't require javascript enabled either,so that's a bonus.

I'll keep it for awhile and see.
--

rcdailey
Dragoonfly
Premium
join:2005-03-29
Rialto, CA
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to TrusteerSupp

I'd like to add that I did not remove Rapport because I thought it was a bad program or that it did not work as advertised. I just wanted fewer services running at startup and felt I could do without Rapport.
--
It is easier for a camel to put on a bikini than an old man to thread a needle.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
PARADISE
reply to TrusteerSupp

Click for full size
I have a Q for the Trusteer poster?

Do all these entries need permission in my firewall.................there are too many for my liking?

I know the actual; process does.........but the others?
--

Random Test

@37.104.65.x
reply to TrusteerSupp

Hello TrusteerSupp ..

Just while ago i sent a report (from the app itself) that could be found under my email: random.test {at } hotmail.com ..

i can not see the "Arrow" icon in the address bar under firefox v.16!

..and dunno too if it worked previously /w FF.15! because my upgrading to FF v.16 and installing Trusteer for the 1st time had happened for both at 'almost' the same time

is there any "trick" to force it running for FF since it's my main browser? ..

however: it worked very well /w ie & gChrome .. and to keep memory resource a bit down i prefer not to use ie & gChrome while i'm on FF .. (and for many other reasons too)

Thnx and bye for now..

owlyn
Premium,MVM
join:2004-06-05
Newtown, PA
reply to ZZZZZZZ

I had it a couple of years ago, as my bank recommended it. It caused some strange problems, so I removed it.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
PARADISE

Well besides the numerous entries in my firewall.........it's running good so far and adding sites to protect is very easy...........so I'll keep it .
--

hurleyp

join:2000-06-20
Ottawa, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to ZZZZZZZ

I think there may be an incompatibility with Trusteer Rapport and KeePass Password Safe. I'll investigate further and report back when I have some spare time, but it seems to be a minor issue.
--
"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

sivran
Opera ex-pat
Premium
join:2003-09-15
Irving, TX
reply to ZZZZZZZ

My employer requires its use. In fact, some of our externally-accessible sites can't be logged into without it installed, as I recently discovered. On my work laptop, it's fairly transparent. I don't even notice it.

I didn't install it on my primary desktop as I want to try and keep my work stuff as far from my personal stuff as possible.
--
Think Outside the Fox.