Play Like A Champion Today
Premium,MVM
join:2000-07-29
Las Vegas, NV
kudos:4
reply to kpet12

Re: Packet loss, disconnect, etc.

Shot that one down.

I need to break away for today. I'll have some time tomorrow as I will be up early for the ND Game.

It doesn't make any sense why you are getting speeds like those.

We are just going to have to eliminate one thing at a time.

In the router what speed is it set to? b/g/n what is the Macbook set to? Router = n; Macbook = ? (the fastest that it can go).

Do you have another adapter to use to connect wireless to the router?

Have you updated your router's firmware? The WNR2000v3 initial Release Firmware Version 1.0.1.26 is what you want to have.
--
"You can observe a lot by watching". Yogi Berra

Paolo
Mr. Wireless

join:2004-05-29
canada

what do u use to measure packet loss? do u run an MTR?

Irish Shark
Play Like A Champion Today
Premium,MVM
join:2000-07-29
Las Vegas, NV
kudos:4

1 edit
reply to Irish Shark

Just thinking about some more stuff that we can look at/try. Not in any order, just off the top of my head.

• If a port’s light is lit, a link has been established to the connected device. If a LAN port is connected to a 100 Mbps device, verify that the port’s light is green. If the port is 10 Mbps, the light will be amber. What color is the MacBook port?

• If the light is NOT GREEN ... What is the speed that the Macbook Airport set to set to? b/g/n ?

• Reboot the Router.

• What does Network Utility show as your wireless speed?

• If Bluetooth is on, turn it off.

• Use WPA2 as your encryption mode (All Devices).

• Try changing the channel that your wireless is on (Try Channel 11 as a starting point in the router and the MacBook; then 2, then 6.) You can use this »www.istumbler.net/ to check your wireless single's strength. Use the channel that has the highest single. You can also see nearby networks that might be interfering with you.

• How far away are you from the router? Walls & stuff? Bring the Macbook close to the router. Any improvement?

• Try resetting your the PRAM and NVRAM »support.apple.com/kb/ht1379

• Try resetting the System Management Controller (SMC)
»support.apple.com/kb/HT3964
--
"You can observe a lot by watching". Yogi Berra

kpet12

join:2012-08-20
Pleasanton, CA

I'll take a look into these and report back later this afternoon. Once again, I appreciate all of your help.

And congrats on the Notre Dame win!