how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

luster

join:2009-03-28
Salisbury, MD

The FCC and Our Wireless Spectrum

With the recent hype over sales of radio spectrum I truly feel that our government and in particular the FCC have done the entire US citizenship a grave and perverted disservice. Quite honestly our airwaves have been stolen from us by greedy unscrupulous bureaucrats, politicians & business.
Our airwaves, a portion of the electromagnetic spectrum, should never ever have been sold.., to anyone, for any amount of money. If our government truly had the American public's common interest at heart and in mind they would have leased these portions of our airwaves. After all Howard Hughes' father didn't sell his two collar drilling bits and in so doing insured a perpetual income. This is how our government should have handled distribution of this lucrative asset of ours. However, now they are gone presumably forever to the perpetual greed of the likes of Verizon Communications, Inc.
et. al.

LLigetfa

join:2006-05-15
Fort Frances, ON
kudos:1

I think you are in the wrong forum. Try the rants forum.

»Rants, Raves, and Praise

luster

join:2009-03-28
Salisbury, MD

Was wondering about that.., I'll have the mods move this. Sorry for the offensive error :-/

dave
Premium,MVM
join:2000-05-04
not in ohio
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to luster

Agreed. It's a public good. The FCC should lease use of the spectrum.

In fact, the notion that spectrum can be privately 'owned' forever is seriously effin' weird. As a thought experiment, consider ownership of around 550 nm.

Although it turns out you can patent parts of the spectrum.