spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

chromablue

join:2012-08-31

[Speed] SMCD3G at new house, no static, but awesome speed

So at my old place I had a 22/5 connection on an 8014 and it served me well, with my static IPs...

I got to my new house and there were a bunch of issues re my 'transfer' (the installer had no knowledge of my account having statics, but it might have been due to overlapping dates for service activation).

In any case, I'm now in something of a quandary. Despite the installer saying they'd organized my statics, I'm on a dynamic.

Should I complain, get things fixed? Well, hmm. On one hand, I could use (though I could live without) my statics. On the other?

Even after PowerBoost, from shaperprobe, I'm consistently getting 45mbps sustained,down AND around 6-8 up...

I'm guessing if I call Comcast and they send me a new config file, I will lose those speeds?

Connected to server 80.239.168.202.

Estimating capacity:
Upstream: 20833 Kbps.
Downstream: 110409 Kbps.

The measurement will last for about 2.5 minutes. Please wait.

Checking for traffic shapers:

Upstream: Burst size: 9867-10474 KB; Shaping rate: 6957 Kbps.

Downstream: Burst size: 11846-13044 KB; Shaping rate: 47082 Kbps.

flwpwr

@comcast.net
Step one power cycle the SMC. Its really just tftps a config file and its all in there if the support team did their job right. If not call in they will rebuild it remotely push it and reboot the SMC, takes 30 minutes maybe after that call sometimes while you are still on the phone depending on the load the system is under when you call.