join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to DGGSLF

Re: 5.1 Audio no longer shows on some channels

said by DGGSLF:

I had the same problem with a recorded program today. I recently enabled the audio beep, so I'll need to disable and see what happens.

You will need to reset the STB also.

Pepsiman

join:2002-01-18
Brooklyn, NY
reply to egruber
said by egruber:

I noticed yesterday that some channels no longer have 5.1 audio. Coincidentally, I could have sworn that the Guide used to indicate 5.1 audio (when provided) as part of the listing information. The Guide no longer shows this. Am I correct in this? Anyone else notice this?

I have the STB 7232, I am in the vho 3 when I view the guide it reads the show info, (HD)(CC)(SAP)(R)(Movie) I do not see anything indicating 5.1 can you show me a picture of what it looks like on your STB.
Thanks.

SRF26

join:2000-04-03
Jamaica, NY
There is no audio signal information displayed on any STB. The information is displayed when you use an external audio device, e.g. an audio/video receiver (AVR) to process the audio signal.

Hope this helps....JL

Pepsiman

join:2002-01-18
Brooklyn, NY
said by SRF26:

There is no audio signal information displayed on any STB. The information is displayed when you use an external audio device, e.g. an audio/video receiver (AVR) to process the audio signal.

Hope this helps....JL

Thanks for the clarification on this matter.

DGGSLF

join:2007-04-14
Lynn, MA
reply to PJL
Yup. I did and dolby 5.1 now works again. Thanks!

jimboe

join:2000-08-14
New York
reply to egruber
Once again,

Gotta hand it to that crack QA team at Verizon.

Kudos on a job, done.

lliguy

@verizon.net
Maybe I'm crazy but since doing the reboot to get back the proper audio my picture is sharper and brighter in both HD and SD.