Search similar:

uniqs
egruber1
join:2008-03-03
Scottsdale, AZ

2 edits

egruber1

5.1 Audio no longer shows on some channels

I noticed yesterday that some channels no longer have 5.1 audio. Coincidentally, I could have sworn that the Guide used to indicate 5.1 audio (when provided) as part of the listing information. The Guide no longer shows this. Am I correct in this? Anyone else notice this?

lliguy
@verizon.net

lliguy

Anon

I'm not getting any 5.1 signal.It started today.

bohratom
My Jersey Giants finally winning again..
join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ

bohratom to egruber1

to egruber1
You both in the same VHO?
egruber1
Scottsdale, AZ

egruber1

Mercer county NJ
kes601
join:2007-04-14
Virginia Beach, VA

kes601 to egruber1

to egruber1
Not every show/movie is going to be 5.1. Could be just coincidental that the time you were watching / checking very few things were in 5.1.

lliguy
@verizon.net

lliguy to bohratom

Anon

to bohratom
Nassau County,Long Island

TitusTroy
join:2009-06-18
New York, NY

TitusTroy to egruber1

to egruber1
which channels or shows do you notice not having 5.1?
jimboe
join:2000-08-14
New York

jimboe to egruber1

to egruber1
I had something odd happen yesterday (or day b4).

Something one FNC was recording, and I started watching the recording. All of a sudden, the audio stream to my HT switched to PCM.

I could not get it back to 5.1. Even when I went to HBO and all manner of other channels, all I got was PCM.

Tried a STB auto correct which ultimately rebooted the box. At startup, FNC was in 5.1 again, but after about 1 minute or so it cut over to PCM again.

Checked the advanced power menu, and audio was set to what I always had it set to, "Auto". Toggled it through the selections to make sure nothing changed and left it at Auto.

Same deal.

Finally I pulled the power plug for 20 secs. Upon startup I disabled the new audio Beeps/alerts on a suspicion that perhaps that was causing the switch-over to PCM.

So far it seems to OK.
?

SRF26
join:2000-04-03
Jamaica, NY

SRF26

I noticed last Thursday that I was losing the Dolby Digital audio on my Bose system. I could not restore the signal until I rebooted the 7232 DVR. After experiencing this situation several times, I determined that it happened right after I DELETED recorded programs from the DVR. I concluded that the audio Alert "Beep" that appeared recently was killing my DD audio signal. I deactivated the audio alert on the DVR and have not lost my DD signal since.

Regards......JL
kes601
Virginia Beach, VA

kes601

said by SRF26:

I noticed last Thursday that I was losing the Dolby Digital audio on my Bose system. I could not restore the signal until I rebooted the 7232 DVR. After experiencing this situation several times, I determined that it happened right after I DELETED recorded programs from the DVR. I concluded that the audio Alert "Beep" that appeared recently was killing my DD audio signal. I deactivated the audio alert on the DVR and have not lost my DD signal since.

Regards......JL

Hmm, that is interesting. I suspect listening to FiOS voicemails on the DVR may do the same thing as well. I've noticed the volume goes up noticeably after I listen to them. I hadn't noticed if I lose 5.1 or not, but the volume shouldn't be changed, so I suspect it does go away.

lliguy
@verizon.net

lliguy to SRF26

Anon

to SRF26
OK I turned off sound alerts and rebooted.Signal is back.Thanks!
PJL
join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA

PJL

said by lliguy :

OK I turned off sound alerts and rebooted.Signal is back.Thanks!

And you have to leave the alerts off or the 5.1 will disappear again. And now my caller ID and remote DVR are broken too after all the reboots. They have been rock solid for me until now. Sigh.
egruber1
Scottsdale, AZ

egruber1 to jimboe

to jimboe
All seems to be working fine again. Weird.
mrsat94
join:2012-08-04
Seaford, NY

mrsat94

IF you go to settings, then audio, then to alerts, turn off the alerts option then re-boot the box. The 5.1 will re-appear again and should stay there.
mrsat94

mrsat94

There seems to be an issue the audio alert option where if turned on disables the 5.1 output from the optical out from the box. If you leave this off, the 5.1 should work fine.

rolou21
@verizon.net

rolou21 to PJL

Anon

to PJL
Vho 5 here in Seaford Ny also shows no 5.1. If you go to settings tab and then audio then to alerts, turn off the audio alert instead of on. This feature for some reason is disabling the 5.1 output from
the optical connector. Once this is turned off, re-boot the box and the 5.1 will re-appear and stay ther. Unknown bug?
PJL
Long Beach, CA

PJL to mrsat94

to mrsat94
said by mrsat94:

There seems to be an issue the audio alert option where if turned on disables the 5.1 output from the optical out from the box. If you leave this off, the 5.1 should work fine.

It impacts the HDMI output too, and required (for me) a reboot of the STB to get the 5.1 back.
PJL

1 edit

PJL to rolou21

to rolou21
said by rolou21 :

Vho 5 here in Seaford Ny also shows no 5.1. If you go to settings tab and then audio then to alerts, turn off the audio alert instead of on. This feature for some reason is disabling the 5.1 output from
the optical connector. Once this is turned off, re-boot the box and the 5.1 will re-appear and stay ther. Unknown bug?

It's a new bug introduced when they actually enabled the audio alerts last week.
DGGSLF
Lynn, MA

DGGSLF to jimboe

to jimboe
I had the same problem with a recorded program today. I recently enabled the audio beep, so I'll need to disable and see what happens.
egruber1
Scottsdale, AZ

egruber1

I turned on the TV and the 5.1 was gone again. I turned the audio alert off, rebooted and it was back.
PJL
Long Beach, CA

PJL to DGGSLF

to DGGSLF
said by DGGSLF:

I had the same problem with a recorded program today. I recently enabled the audio beep, so I'll need to disable and see what happens.

You will need to reset the STB also.

Pepsiman
join:2002-01-18
Brooklyn, NY

Pepsiman to egruber1

to egruber1
said by egruber1:

I noticed yesterday that some channels no longer have 5.1 audio. Coincidentally, I could have sworn that the Guide used to indicate 5.1 audio (when provided) as part of the listing information. The Guide no longer shows this. Am I correct in this? Anyone else notice this?

I have the STB 7232, I am in the vho 3 when I view the guide it reads the show info, (HD)(CC)(SAP)(R)(Movie) I do not see anything indicating 5.1 can you show me a picture of what it looks like on your STB.
Thanks.

SRF26
join:2000-04-03
Jamaica, NY

SRF26

There is no audio signal information displayed on any STB. The information is displayed when you use an external audio device, e.g. an audio/video receiver (AVR) to process the audio signal.

Hope this helps....JL

Pepsiman
join:2002-01-18
Brooklyn, NY

Pepsiman

said by SRF26:

There is no audio signal information displayed on any STB. The information is displayed when you use an external audio device, e.g. an audio/video receiver (AVR) to process the audio signal.

Hope this helps....JL

Thanks for the clarification on this matter.
DGGSLF
Lynn, MA

DGGSLF to PJL

to PJL
Yup. I did and dolby 5.1 now works again. Thanks!
jimboe
join:2000-08-14
New York

jimboe to egruber1

to egruber1
Once again,

Gotta hand it to that crack QA team at Verizon.

Kudos on a job, done.

lliguy
@verizon.net

lliguy

Anon

Maybe I'm crazy but since doing the reboot to get back the proper audio my picture is sharper and brighter in both HD and SD.