spc
uniqs

Compfan03
@optonline.net

Compfan03 to Wyldfox

Anon

to Wyldfox

Re: [iO] Antenna TV

I am in Milford too, and unhappy about no Fox football or CW prime time shows. What model antenna are you using. Do you get both Fox an CW channels.

Wyldfox
join:2002-01-26
Milford, CT

Wyldfox

I'm not using an antenna. It's channel 114, Antenna TV, that I was talking about. I don't get any of those channels unfortunately.

There was a cable guy down the street the other day, and I asked him about an antenna. He claims it wouldn't work, because all TV now is digital. I also asked him if we got the NFL package if the Fox football games would come in. He said not for the entire show....just when another game gives a quick pic with some info would it come in.

It's been what now, two weeks? Time for them to settle.

kickass69
join:2002-06-03
Lake Hopatcong, NJ

2 edits

kickass69

That cable guy should stick to talking about cable. Just because OTA signals have gone digital (on June 12th, 2009 to be exact) doesn't mean the same antennas as before don't work. Given Milford is roughly 58.5 miles from the Empire State Building (as the crow flies site to site), you'd need to mount an outdoor antenna to reliably receive any of the NYC signals. You're only 34.7 miles roughly (as the crow flys) from WTIC's transmitter though...depending on your terrain (being on a hill with preferably line of sight) you might be able to get that with rabbit ears.

I give them another week...by the end of the month at the latest.