share rss forum feed

Ptomaine
J'entend ton coeur
Premium
join:2003-04-07
Beaver Dam, WI
reply to pandora

Re: [Lore] DSLR Guild (Thrall) has started

I joined up with Cowpoker. He's only lvl 20, so it won't take you too long to catch up.

Suniojii

join:2009-10-31
Lakeside, CA
reply to pandora
said by pandora:

said by Krisnatharok:

Nothing? Is that the answer you were looking for? We aren't alliance pansies.

Horde or alliance is meaningless to me, I'll be happy to play a toon on either faction. To make faction such an issue seems immature to me.

The DSLR guild is laid back, and slow to level, mostly family centric, with some greatly appreciated help from others.

I recall the day I decided to make Fel an officer, the other officers asked me not to, saying he was too immature. However his heart was in the right place.

At the end, once all the tallies were up, outside of my family, Mr. Fel was the largest contributor to DSLR.

Sometimes you have to understand people matter, not the game. Fel and Kingdome have been such great friends and assets to our guild. Folks like that don't come along often, they are treasures.

Treasures to be appreciated and not insulted. My family could propel Aftershock to 85 much faster than any other group of players likely to sign up from this forum. Yet for years I've received insults similar to yours.

As someone who has taken a small family guild to 25, I'd like to offer some advice.

1) It's a game, enjoy it. Without enjoyment the game isn't fun.

2) Factions are for fun, taking them seriously is folly. Enjoy a faction as you would enjoy any other aspect of the game.

3) Value the people who play, your players are humans. I'm not Pandora or Vyle (my title in game). I'm a person, as is Fel or Kingdome or any other member of my guild. Respect players as real people. Value them. Try to understand them.

4) People have real life situations and needs. Sometimes they need to take extended leaves. This doesn't mean they don't care, or aren't interested, it means they have real lives and are human. Respect that, respect the time they gave and if / when they return, respect them again.

5) Without respect, and enjoyment of the game, a guild isn't fun imo.

Pandora, I don't think you get it.

People are not peeved that you personally want to play horde side. It's simple, we wanted to play in a DSLR horde guild, so lots of us have transferred multiple characters to Mal'Ganis at great expense. We are all happy and content, and now we see you posting your Campaign posters all over the forum. And it's not as if you post one thread stating, "Hey guys, my kids and I are gonna play as horde on Thrall". Now we have to endure the constant threads of "My guild this, My guild is DSLR Horde, My guild blah" which all serve to cause obvious divisiveness.

I see you posting in carefully crafted mock innocence and sincerity, but let's cut the crap and stop beating around the passive aggressive bush shall we?

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
kudos:5
I think is all about getting the guild name "DSLR" (Pandora's kids and family) on the horde side not the "DSLR Guild" on horde side, am I right? At the end people is free to choose the best server for their particular needs.

Right now there is a horde guild where (many) DSLR Posters already play on that is on Mal'ganis.

We just need to avoid to confuse our fellow posters around here.
--
Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword.

pandora
Premium
join:2001-06-01
Outland
kudos:2
Reviews:
·ooma
·Google Voice
·Comcast
·Future Nine Corp..
said by Jobbie:

I think is all about getting the guild name "DSLR" (Pandora's kids and family) on the horde side not the "DSLR Guild" on horde side, am I right? At the end people is free to choose the best server for their particular needs.

If the server were not PvP and if the GM were someone I trusted (Fel, Kingdome, and a few others), I'd gladly port.

IMO a PvP server is a poor choice for casuals, and particularly for kids. One of the leaders of the Mal'Ganis has been hostile toward myself and DSLR on Silvermoon for some time.

I'm not going to subject myself or my family to a guild leadership that is hostile toward us, or where we can be easily set up for ganking by Aftershock alliance alts.

In the DSLR guild, we don't gank our own players, we try to respect them all. That will be true horde or alliance.

I'm a bit slow to start the DSLR horde guild at the moment, but within the next week there will be a lot more activity. I'm loading a transfer toon, and want it to be as prepared as possible to help DSLR on the Thrall server. It is taking a bit of time than I would like as RL issues are affecting my ability to focus on the port.
--
"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use."

Ginjer
Premium
join:2009-08-14
Honolulu, HI
reply to pandora
I am trying to figure out who the guild leaders are that have offended you? Most of us have kids, so I just can't buy the being bad to kids thing myself. That would cross the line for me. Maybe there were some bad personnel prior to me joining, but I just haven't experienced any of these issues that you have.
--
Genjer (85 Goblin Death Knight), Jinnjer (85 Troll Druid), Ginjer (85 Orc Hunter), Taeble (85 Goblin Mage), Westernsteer (85 Tauren Paladin), Jinnjer (85 Goblin Rogue), Potable (82 Goblin Priest) Mal'Ganis/Horde

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12

1 edit
reply to pandora
Nevermind, late night postings aren't the best idea..
Expand your moderator at work

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
join:2001-11-26
Earth
kudos:19

2 recommendations

reply to pandora

Re: [Lore] DSLR Guild (Thrall) has started

I re-read this thread and I thoroughly have no idea what is going on, so I'll just respond to each point.

quote:
So many complained DSLR on Silvermoon wasn't a horde guild.
What are you talking about? The primary WoW guild for DSLR is on Mal'Ganis and IS a horde guild.

quote:
It is horde, the leader is some unheard of Death Knight named Vyle, who ironically is a Tauren this time round.
So, the leader of your new horde guild is not actually a member of DSLR, you don't really know who he is, but his name is Vyle and for some reason being a Tauren Death Knight is... ironic? How?

quote:
This is not a primary guild for me, but will be a back-burner project.
A guild you don't run, by a guy you don't really know, who is ironically a TAUREN DEATH KNIGHT, who isn't a member of DSLR, runs a DSLR guild, but this is your back-burner project? ok.

quote:
Besides over the years I've received a ton of complaints that the guild DSLR was alliance. Now there is a horde version.

I was expecting people would be happy after so many years of complaints.
Who would have thought. You were the one leading the charge on centralizing the DSLR folks into a single horde server. Apparently, there were dozens or even hundreds of DSLR folks who played alliance and they were just complaining for years on end about how they had to sit in Stormwind all day instead of Orgrimmar.

quote:
Can you tell me how much the main members of Mal'Ganis contributed to DSLR on Silvermoon? Any member of your guild, who has been active for longer than 6 months in DSLR and more than 6 months on Aftershock on Mal'Ganis and I will make a proportionate quantity of gold available to the Mal'Ganis guild.
LOL Aftershock doesn't want your gold, your XP or your children. Why are you acting like this group owes you something? No one even knew that your Silvermoon guild existed, let alone contributed to it.

quote:
Is that fair? From the folks at Aftershock on Mal'Ganis I'll deduct 10% of any valid pro-rated contribution for any put down received against myself or the DSLR guild by an Aftershock leader. That is the heckle, being nasty discount.
Let me counter your offer with another offer. How about we trade two shakes for four hens with five onces and then I'll triple your doubles every other Tuesday on potato months your cousin wents once was shall.

quote:
The DSLR guild is laid back, and slow to level, mostly family centric, with some greatly appreciated help from others.
By family centric, you mean your family.

quote:
I'm not going to subject myself or my family to a guild leadership that is hostile toward us, or where we can be easily set up for ganking by Aftershock alliance alts.
Can you make alliance alts on PVP servers yet? Also, no one does that. We gank in guild chat, not with alts. Name a time, other than this thread, where Mal'Ganis Aftershock leadership was hostile towards you.

ronaldmcdonaldwhatamireading.jpg
--
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -MLK

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

join:2010-05-06
Kalimdor
kudos:2
Is this an apropriate time to start a slow clap?

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE
reply to pandora
ill make a tauren drood there ifs you guys needs a healer. drood heals go WHOOOOSH.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
kudos:5
reply to Archivis
+1 Internet Award

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
reply to Archivis
said by Archivis:

How about we trade two shakes for four hens with five onces and then I'll triple your doubles every other Tuesday on potato months your cousin wents once was shall.

...We gank in guild chat, not with alts.

Post of the year.
--
If we lose this freedom of ours, history will record with the greatest astonishment, those who had the most to lose, did the least to prevent its happening.

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
Dodge, NE
reply to Archivis
im sure the dk is pandoras and the name and race are an inside joke with someone, thats how i read that.
--
Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau!
If you say you burned my map, I'll nail your tits to the table!

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to pandora
I sure missed a lot in a week.

Pandora's "DSLR" guild on Silvermoon has been a steady presence in this forum since I've been a member (not a terribly long time, I admit). Aftershock on Mal'Ganis is older, but was shut down for much of Cata (when many on this forum just stopped playing). Its recent resurgence was spurred on by the SoR benefit, and they've been doing well, from what I hear. Those who play in that guild are a tightly knit group (as evidenced by this and at least one other thread). The ones that post in these forums are not really the "laid back, casual, family-friendly types" that would keep things chill.

So, Pandora wants to make a horde version of the DSLR guild (actually named "DSLR") on a PvE server. That rules out Mal'Ganis. Big deal. You guys are "Aftershock" and are admittedly an aggressive clique. It's your thing... go with what works for you.

I will say that we should shy away from actual recruitment posts in the forum. Answer questions like "hey are you guys in any guilds together", sure... but we should be able to handle all of that in dedicated threads like "Mal'Ganis: Aftershock" or "Thrall/Silvermoon: DSLR".
--
Immergruen (resto/boomie) on Nathrezim Server (US)
Guild leader for Pride and Ego

Intelligence is no substitute for Character.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth
This is separate from the alliance guild that you run, correct?

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Krisnatharok
said by Krisnatharok:

said by Archivis:

How about we trade two shakes for four hens with five onces and then I'll triple your doubles every other Tuesday on potato months your cousin wents once was shall.

...We gank in guild chat, not with alts.

Post of the year.

I thought it was a bit childish. But it does prove Pandora's point about the atmosphere he'd like to maintain for his friends and family. We try to avoid the same thing in our guild (sadly, we started on a pvp server, so... yeah).

said by Archivis:

This is separate from the alliance guild that you run, correct?

Yes, completely separate. We have similar standards, I think... only I really have no love for the horde side of the game.

--

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth
Aftershock is absolutely an adult-oriented guild. It doesn't mean we sit there and talk about X-rated stuff all day. It doesn't mean that Antonica gets virtually gang-banged every single night. It just means that there are no filters. You say what you want, do what you want, without worrying about being moderated or censored.

It's not a kid-friendly environment. In my opinion, if you don't want your kids subjected to that kind of stuff, don't let them play social games online. Housing them in a kid-friendly guild won't keep them from seeing the dredges of General chat, trade chat, raid chat, party chat, or the nearby say chat.

Also, even though Mal'Ganis is a PVP server, you're going to have a hard time finding any alliance to gank. I think it is something like a 97% horde, 3% alliance population. You have to spend quite a while trying to find just one alliance, let alone an alliance player who you can PVP against.
--
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -MLK

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by Archivis:

Aftershock is absolutely an adult-oriented guild.
It's not a kid-friendly environment.

Cool. So that's why Pandora didn't move his family to Aftershock.

/thread.
--

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth
Right, let us ignore the remainder of the incoherent babble.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3
reply to Archivis
Sounds like Aftershock is websensed.

The big draw of DSLreports is that its not websensed, so a guild that would likely be websensed isn't to appealing.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth
How do you Websense a guild?

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
Dodge, NE
reply to Archivis
if the pop is that lopsided, why play on that server if your goal is to pvp? if your goal isnt pvp then why pick a pvp server? i r cunfuddled.
--
Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau!
If you say you burned my map, I'll nail your tits to the table!

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth
The goal was never to PVP. The goal was to find a server that had a large reputation for raiding. Mal'Ganis is a server where you can sit in trade channel and within 5 minutes, find yourself in a raid, assuming you're properly geared/achieved to go into it. If not, there are other raids that can take you in.

It was like this on day one and it is still like this today. I can go to trade channel and put together a full raid, or a full battlegroup run, or whatever in minutes.

You don't go to Mal'Ganis to PVP. You go to Mal'Ganis to PVE. The type of server (PVP) is just a tag. Nothing more.
--

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3
reply to Archivis
said by Archivis:

How do you Websense a guild?

My point was if a guild could be then as you describe it yours would be.

From my experience the most mature guilds I've played with tend to be family friendly, and the "adult-oriented" ones just seem like frat parties.

in short cool story bro.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
reply to Immer
said by Immer:

said by Archivis:

Aftershock is absolutely an adult-oriented guild.
It's not a kid-friendly environment.

Cool. So that's why Pandora didn't move his family to Aftershock.

/thread.

That would have been the high road. Instead we got a lot of passive-aggressive nonsense, a vague personal grievance he had with someone that should have stayed in IMs and gotten worked out, and an accusation we would roll alliance alts just to gank him and his family. Any "perceived" unspoken hostility will probably be legitimate (or at least earned) from here on out.

Aftershock is a mature guild where the under 21s at least act like adults. If that's not for him and his kids, that's completely understandable.
--
If we lose this freedom of ours, history will record with the greatest astonishment, those who had the most to lose, did the least to prevent its happening.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Archivis
said by Archivis:

I think you should. He's been provoked into defending his position, when really he shouldn't have to.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth
reply to Krisnatharok
And if that was how his posts were presented, I wouldn't even have posted in this thread.

Ginjer
Premium
join:2009-08-14
Honolulu, HI

1 edit
reply to Krisnatharok
I have to second this.

I agree with what Kris said. We are mature adults. I would never gank a child or a member of these forums for that matter. I just think that indicating "Aftershock" is a non-censored atmosphere that bad mouths people is rude is a misinterpretation of myself and many of those I play with. It isn't like we are members of Goon Squad or EJ. We just like to relax and enjoy the game without the stresses of some of the actual "ass hat" guilds if you ask me.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
reply to Immer
said by Immer:

said by Archivis:

I think you should. He's been provoked into defending his position, when really he shouldn't have to.

Never make public accusations against someone, especially when it comes to personal behavior, unless you are willing to back them up in public. The person obligated to defend themselves is the person you (he) attacked. And it only stays ugly from that point forward.
--

drew
Radiant
Premium
join:2002-07-10
Port Orchard, WA
kudos:6
reply to Immer
said by Immer:

said by Archivis:

I'm going to have to say I disagree. Go read his very first post about how much he (and his kids) have contributed to their guild. It's... a bizarre choice for him to start yet another DSLR guild, even though there are plenty of other options available.

Aftershock is not family friendly. That's true. I have no issues with pandora trying to protect his family, but the passive aggressive behavior here is mind-boggling.
--
flickr | 'Cause I've been waiting, all my life just waiting
For you to shine, shine your light on me