·ooma
·Google Voice
·Comcast
·Future Nine Corp..

1 recommendation

reply to Archivis

Re: [Lore] DSLR Guild (Thrall) has started

said by Archivis:

What are you talking about? The primary WoW guild for DSLR is on Mal'Ganis and IS a horde guild.

Lets just clarify this, so there is no confusion.

The problem is you. The second problem is the server is PvP.

I fully expect you to gank me and my kids after setting us up solo on one of your alliance alts or with an alliance friend, to gkick us after aftershock is at or near 25, and to be "insert pejorative adjectives here" regarding my expectation of your treatment toward myself and my family..

Your hostility, nastiness, and meanness over the years makes me want nothing to do with any guild where you have any authority whatsoever.

That help? No more beating around the bush. It's you and your long history of hostility, and animus.
--
"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use."

pandora
Premium
join:2001-06-01
Outland
kudos:2
Reviews:
·ooma
·Google Voice
·Comcast
·Future Nine Corp..
reply to cymraeg

said by cymraeg:

ill make a tauren drood there ifs you guys needs a healer. drood heals go WHOOOOSH.

Thanks, this Friday 15-20K gold are arriving, and I have a full set of gold. We are moving one or two 85's from Silvermoon and a new toon to hold my personal heirlooms.
--
"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use."

pandora
Premium
Outland
Reviews:
·ooma
·Google Voice
·Comcast
·Future Nine Corp..
reply to Immer

said by Immer:

non sequitur. The legal rating has nothing to do with what a person wants to be in a guild with.

I think he did expect some more praise... that might have been a mistake. Still, not really worth the trolling. Basically, he was provoked, got defensive, and then had his posts picked apart. There was a very clear high road available... none took it.

DSLR exists first and foremost to enjoy the game. Second it exists to learn the game. It also exists to offer a safe haven to kids or families with kids.

If you want an adult guild, fine. No problem. DSLR has worked very well for my kids, who are now busy starting horde toons. We will be active on Thrall this weekend as horde.

Alliance or horde makes absolutely zero difference to me.

I expect absolutely no praise from anyone. If anything the horde folks here have been openly hostile to our guild, some more than others.

I'm entitled to make a safe, comfortable guild, for my family and any other people who don't like drama to play in. If you are hard core, join DSLR and raid in pugs, or quit DSLR and find a hard core raiding guild.
--

pandora
Premium
Outland
Reviews:
·ooma
·Google Voice
·Comcast
·Future Nine Corp..
reply to Ghastlyone

said by Ghastlyone:

Okay...what I want to know is, are we going to get a Thrall DSLR Guild leveling progress sticky thread?

I'm so excited.

No sticky, probably no notice until level 5, then level 10.
--

Zaferinnas

join:2012-09-03
Federal Way, WA
reply to pandora

Im currently in a guild on thrall but would like one of my alts to join and support the guild. When will someone be logged on that can invite? Been checking between dungeon queues and so far no luck.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
join:2001-11-26
Earth
kudos:19
reply to pandora

said by pandora:

Lets just clarify this, so there is no confusion.

The problem is you. The second problem is the server is PvP.

There really is no PVP on the server, but point #1 seems to trump that.

I fully expect you to gank me and my kids after setting us up solo on one of your alliance alts or with an alliance friend, to gkick us after aftershock is at or near 25, and to be "insert pejorative adjectives here" regarding my expectation of your treatment toward myself and my family..

I lol'd. I'm lucky if I log on to say hello, let alone figure out where your kids are, what their names are, level up a champion to 85, farm it out in gear... or alternatively spend a sum of money to transfer a toon and faction swap (if necessary), just to spend hours waiting for the right opportunity to hunt you and your kids down for the sake of inducing a run back to your corpse.

Your hostility, nastiness, and meanness over the years makes me want nothing to do with any guild where you have any authority whatsoever.

Understood.

That help? No more beating around the bush. It's you and your long history of hostility, and animus.

That wasn't so difficult, was it?
--
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -MLK

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth

Also, I wish you well with your guild. I know I'm not everyone's cup of tea, but your approach, I think, was not in your favor when you started this thread.
--
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -MLK

Lothario

join:2009-09-30
Ottawa, ON

I can't believe people take you that seriously.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12
reply to Archivis

I missed this one.

said by pandora:

My family could propel Aftershock to 25 much faster than any other group of players likely to sign up from this forum.

--
If we lose this freedom of ours, history will record with the greatest astonishment, those who had the most to lose, did the least to prevent its happening.

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
join:2009-05-14
kudos:1

Me too!

Lothario

Ottawa, ON
reply to Krisnatharok

said by Krisnatharok:

I missed this one.

said by pandora:

My family could propel Aftershock to 25 much faster than any other group of players likely to sign up from this forum.

He home schools.

pandora
Premium
Outland
Reviews:
·ooma
·Google Voice
·Comcast
·Future Nine Corp..

1 edit

said by Lothario:

said by Krisnatharok:

I missed this one.

said by pandora:

He home schools.

No, we level guilds.

--

Lothario

Ottawa, ON

Not very time consuming anymore,you could hit 25 before MOP, then what?

pandora
Premium
Outland
Reviews:
·ooma
·Google Voice
·Comcast
·Future Nine Corp..

said by Lothario:

Not very time consuming anymore,you could hit 25 before MOP, then what?

We play MoP.
--

Mike
Premium,Mod
join:2000-09-17
Pittsburgh, PA
kudos:1
reply to Lothario

(topic move) [Lore] DSLR Guild (Thrall) has started

Moderator Action
The post that was here (and all 31 followups to it), has been moved to a new topic .. »[Lore] DSLR Guild (Thrall) has started

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE
reply to pandora

Re: [Lore] DSLR Guild (Thrall) has started

update

we are moving right along should be lvl 3 by tonight, pandora has moved his toons, and if anyone from the boards wants to join us we would be more than happy to have you, we are off and running now.
--
Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau!
If you say you burned my map, I'll nail your tits to the table!

Skittles
Premium
join:2011-03-31

1 recommendation

reply to pandora

it mystifies me how one rude or controversial comment on this board will get moderated and deleted, but an entire thread devoted to slamming a board member survives and by all accounts thrives.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth

1 recommendation

I bribe the management.

Skittles
Premium
join:2011-03-31

said by Archivis:

I bribe the management.

I suspect as much...yet I am left without remark as to what one such as yourself offers in the way of a bribe.

f0rtys3ven

join:2011-09-01
Lansing, MI

BJs.

Its obvi.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth

1 recommendation

reply to Skittles

said by Skittles:

I suspect as much...yet I am left without remark as to what one such as yourself offers in the way of a bribe.

Management who "lose their shit" on people who offend them lose their management status. I offend for them.

I am essentially, The Internet Hitman.
--

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8

1 edit
reply to Skittles

said by Skittles:

it mystifies me how one rude or controversial comment on this board will get moderated and deleted, but an entire thread devoted to slamming a board member survives and by all accounts thrives.

maybe having 17 kudos from guildies back when he actually played allows him to get away with both blatant flaming & blatant trolling.

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
Dodge, NE
reply to pandora

i love how this thread has been taken over by the ravings of inadequate sadist, Immer has said it, I have said it, please do not feed the trolls.
--
Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau!
If you say you burned my map, I'll nail your tits to the table!

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3

said by cymraeg:

i love how this thread has been taken over by the ravings of inadequate sadist, Immer has said it, I have said it, please do not feed the trolls.

But there's this bag of troll feed, if its not given to trolls it'll rot.

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
Dodge, NE

touche my good man

Pollux7777

join:2010-02-16
Saint Paul, MN

I don't know who said what to who, so I'll just stay out of that whole aspect.

But for what its worth, I have a toon in Aftershock, and they have been nothing but helpful and friendly. Is it a "kid friendly" environment? I guess not? But neither is WoW in general (unless you turn off virtually all chat channels). Aftershock is full of cool, fun people and I would recommend it to any DSLR'ers here.

If a PvP server isnt your thing, I totally understand. But just so you know, I leveled a toon from 1-85 on mal'ganis over these past few months and I saw a grand total of one alliance out in the world the whole time. ONE. Horde rules mal'ganis.

My two cents.
--
Tawnka - 85 Tauren Warrior - Frostwolf
Brawnx - 85 Human Warrior - Hydraxis
Pollux - 85 Human Paladin Hydraxis

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit

Shhhh, don't feed the trolls.

Mr Fel
Premium
join:2008-03-17
Louisville, KY
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·AT&T DSL Service
reply to Immer

Hell, I've stayed out this thread except for the one question I had at the beginning because I saw the writing on the wall when it was created. Just not even worth the time to say much, except that this thread should have been entirely locked down long ago, and really needs to be locked down now.
--
Change the scheme, alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you'd be so kind.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit

It's an object lesson in why personal disagreements (even if one-sided) need to be resolved via PMs and not aired in public.

Harddrive
Proud American and Infidel since 1968.
Premium
join:2000-09-20
DFW

But doing it publicly is so much more entertaining for everyone.