how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

bilgo

@204.45.133.x

letter to hughesnet Champs

Champs,

As you are all aware, last week we posted the HughesNet Gen4 plans and pricing. The reaction in the Community has been challenging. I’m sure most of you have seen the feedback; several of you have joined the conversation.

Feedback from our call center and customer surveys has been quite favorable. Customers seem to recognize the value in base plan anytime allowances. Interestingly, a number of the community participants, including several of our Champions, have been critical. Critical by itself is fine and part of the freedom afforded community participation. Here’s a couple of important points to keep in mind:

1. About one percent of the customer base today consumes more than 10GB of data per month. All of you realize the enormous magnitude of 10 GB better than anyone else. The new HughesNet Gen4 plans are designed to meet all customers needs, not just the top one percent.

2. As selected and certified Champs in the community, you’ve earned your title. We do not expect you to embrace all of HughesNet’s policies and procedures. We do, however, expect knowledgeable statements on troubleshooting and fair comments on non-technical issues. As a HughesNet Champ, we all agreed to a large degree of latitude in posts as long as controversial opinions were fielded here at Hughes before posting in the community. Unfortunately that is not currently happening in some instances.

We truly value your support and role as a Champion. However, the Champ title shouldn’t become a burden if you feel uncomfortable with our policies. Champs constantly making derogatory comments in the community (without seeking direct feedback from corporate) is contributing to a negative “tone” online. We want the Community to be a place for our customers to visit to get helpful hints and suggestions. If you don’t feel comfortable with this direction, you are free to exit the HughesNet Champ role at anytime.

If we haven’t been available to you in the past, that will change. In the future, feel free to email Vera or myself on any issues controversial or otherwise at xxxx
Thank you,

xxxxx

HughesNet

Expand your moderator at work

chances14

join:2010-03-03
Michigan
reply to bilgo

Re: letter to hughesnet Champs

"feedback has been favorable"?

LOL. That is a load of bs and everyone knows it. I find it pretty funny that they are still trying to convince the community that everyone is happy with the new plans.

i guess they are tired of the champs being honest and want them to be puppets for hughesnet even though they, and everyone else, knows they made a major mistake in their new plans.

gwalk
Premium
join:2005-07-27
West Mich.
reply to bilgo

The Hughesnet Community is not a place to post any negative comments regarding service or support. I've had Sara remove several of my posts.
She kind if blew a gasket when I posted contact info for ECC, and that was on a thread she had closed as "answered" but was not resolved.
They are even getting ticked off at the Champs now.

My e-mail this AM had 54 responses to two threads I'm following.
The Mods over there are going to be real busy.

DrStrangLov

join:2012-03-28
reply to chances14

said by chances14:

I find it pretty funny that they are still trying to convince the community that everyone is happy with the new plans.

Keep in mind:

1. There are still about 3 million dialup users on AOL

2. Consumer Reports (June 2012; pg 19) - "Monthly data limits are quietly popping up on more home Internet plans. The lowest we found was 30 GB per month on the Cox Starter plan. Comcast sets its cap at 250 GB and says 99 percent of its residential customers use only 8 to 10 GB a month."

3. All You Can Eat - It was Tom Evslin, who "...conceived, launched, and ran AT&T's first ISP, AT&T WorldNet Service. WorldNet popularized all-you-can-eat flatrate monthly pricing for Internet access and forced the rest of the industry, including AOL and MSN, to follow suit. Tom has been blamed and praised for this ever since. He is unrepentant." »blog.tomevslin.com/about.html

However, it was to AT&T's interest to promote "all you can eat" back then in dialup days since all those other ISPs had to buy more phone lines...pure economic self-interest on AT&T's side. Now, do you see AT&T promoting "all you can eat" on their Cellphone/Wireless plans...fat chance.

Headtalk

join:2001-08-17
reply to bilgo

Well you know what happens to companies that don't listen to there customers... They die. Vote with your wallet.

-G
--
V DSL

janedeaux

join:2012-02-15
Yazoo City, MS
reply to bilgo

I am appalled at bilgo's topic. If HN is unhappy with their champ's less than enthusiastic responses to their new plans, someone else's forum isn't the place to reprimand them.

dbirdman
Premium,MVM
join:2003-07-07
usa
kudos:5

said by janedeaux:

I am appalled at bilgo's topic. If HN is unhappy with their champ's less than enthusiastic responses to their new plans, someone else's forum isn't the place to reprimand them.

It sounds like you are unclear about what that post was: It was a reposting of an e-mail sent to the "Champs" in the Hughesnet forums. It was first posted there (with contact info intact) yesterday.

Hughes hasn't learned that forums need 7-day oversight, so this is a 3-day freebee on open discussion. I wasn't really thinking about that when I started one of the threads over there, but maybe it worked out well!
--
Motosat self-pointing dishes: 1.2-meter XF-3 on 93W, .74 meter G74 on 127W, SL-5 HD DirecTV|idirect 3100|Hughes HN7000S|Verizon UMW190 Air Card|1990 Blue Bird Wanderlodge Bus "Blue Thunder"|Author of hnFAP-Alert, PC-OPI and DSSatTool

compuguybna

join:2009-06-17
Nashville, TN
Reviews:
·Millenicom
·HughesNet Satell..
·ooma
·Virgin Mobile Br..
·Charter
reply to gwalk

I've posted ECC contacts for Hughesnet on Facebook more than a couple of times. It stays for a couple of hours, then DARBY deletes them.

RECAP...

bbbdc@hughes.net
executivecustomercare@hughes.net

said by gwalk:

The Hughesnet Community is not a place to post any negative comments regarding service or support. I've had Sara remove several of my posts.
She kind if blew a gasket when I posted contact info for ECC, and that was on a thread she had closed as "answered" but was not resolved.
They are even getting ticked off at the Champs now.

My e-mail this AM had 54 responses to two threads I'm following.
The Mods over there are going to be real busy.

zeddlar

join:2007-04-09
Jay, OK
Reviews:
·exede by ViaSat
·McDonald County ..
reply to dbirdman

Well to be honest about it, I really didn't intend to post the addys, I just didn't notice them and by the time I saw realised they were there someone had already posted under it so I couldn't delete or edit it.
--
HughesNet elite plan/.74 dish w/1watt trans. / 9000 modem / 3 computers on a linksy's wired network

janedeaux

join:2012-02-15
Yazoo City, MS
reply to dbirdman

obviously I didn't receive the e-mail, as I am not a champ. the info, to my knowledge, was not posted on the HN community forum. Sorry about not understanding. Am I forgiven?

dbirdman
Premium,MVM
usa

said by janedeaux:

obviously I didn't receive the e-mail, as I am not a champ. the info, to my knowledge, was not posted on the HN community forum. Sorry about not understanding. Am I forgiven?

Nothing to forgive! It is posted in a thread there called "I am not happy with the new Gen4 plans" started 9 days ago, with a last posting at the moment 1 day ago.
--
Motosat self-pointing dishes: 1.2-meter XF-3 on 93W, .74 meter G74 on 127W, SL-5 HD DirecTV|idirect 3100|Hughes HN7000S|Verizon UMW190 Air Card|1990 Blue Bird Wanderlodge Bus "Blue Thunder"|Author of hnFAP-Alert, PC-OPI and DSSatTool

monicakm

join:2005-03-12
Grand Saline, TX

Wait..."The Hughesnet Community is not a place to post any negative comments regarding service or support."?
Is that statement for EVERYONE or just "champs". That's about the only time I show up here (for the last EIGHT years). If you don't hear from me, I'm probably happy with the service. Right now things are going well for me but support still s**ks

dbirdman
Premium,MVM
usa

said by monicakm:

Wait..."The Hughesnet Community is not a place to post any negative comments regarding service or support."?
Is that statement for EVERYONE or just "champs".

Two things: the Hughesnet Community is not "here" and the e-mail was sent only to Champs.

Since none of the Champs asked to be Champs it appears most of them could care less about the designation, and will post negative comments as they see fit.

To their credit, the Hughes reps over there censor only a small percentage of negative comments. They did delete the posted e-mail, presumably because it was private communication, but they left the rest of the thread up so far.
--

marsh_0x

join:2006-04-25
Tomahawk, WI
reply to dbirdman

said by dbirdman:

said by monicakm:

Is that statement for EVERYONE or just "champs".

Since none of the Champs asked to be Champs it appears most of them could care less about the designation, and will post negative comments as they see fit.

Ditto

Max Mouse

join:2010-02-28
reply to bilgo

Are they high or something? 1% what the current plan got to do with Gen4... If Gen4 is faster internet....people are going to be using way more than 10GB a month.. so their 1% crap excuse is false and invalid... favorable reviews is also a lie I seen so many complaints about Gen4 removing fap and small Allowance in their community forum I rarely saw anybody had a good reaction out of it..

Cheap

@direcway.com

Easy answer ...... T1 Connections to serve rural areas. T1's are dyeing any how...... They are Way Way over priced becouse they are marketed as a business connection, and could have a better purpose providing cheap internet connections for rural customers.

dbirdman
Premium,MVM
usa

said by Cheap :

Easy answer ...... T1 Connections to serve rural areas. T1's are dyeing any how...... They are Way Way over priced becouse they are marketed as a business connection, and could have a better purpose providing cheap internet connections for rural customers.

You appear to have a distinct misunderstanding of what a T-1 connection is, why it costs so much, and why it is inappropriate for those unwilling to pay that high cost.

I have a T-1, and use it to serve my ecommerce web sites. I pay through the nose for it, over $600 per month (It was over $1200 when I got it a dozen years ago). Because that bandwidth is so precious I don't want my employees using it to watch their favorite youtube videos (I have a liberal policy concerning internet use at work), so I pay another $50 per month to provide a 6 meg DSL line to be used for anything they want as long as it is legal and conforms to workplace etiquette.

Don't you think I would be using that DSL for serving my ecommerce websites if it was adequate? 4 times the bandwidth for 1/12th the cost! Sorry, the DSL line is simply inadequate for that purpose.

Similarly the relatively slow 1.5Mbps T-1 is a poor choice for serious web surfing in this video age.

Study the differences between dedicated bandwidth (the T-1) and shared bandwidth (the DSL). Then when you have done that note what dedicated bandwidth over satellite costs: In the neighborhood of $4,000 per month for 1Mbps!

Note also that a big consideration of a T-1 is its synchronous nature. I need very little downstream speed, but I use all of that 1.5Mbps outgoing. The 6Mbps DSL comes only with 768Kbps on the out side, and only rarely actually achieves that.

Since all terrestrial communication from a particular rural location generally rides on the same physical carrier, using the carrier up with dedicated lines when they aren't needed 24 hours per day is just plain crazy.
--