Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

f0rtys3ven

join:2011-09-01
Lansing, MI
reply to Ghastlyone

Re: GW2: So what's the verdict?

Me, my heart, and my brain are all disagreeing with you.

Manning will learn as Farve did. Hes too old to go the distance.

May make second week of the playoffs. MAYBE.

Against all reason for the lions I will root.
--
Leaning out a window with a cocked shotgun. Driving up the block in the car they shot Pac in. Looking for Big's killers. Dressing ridiculous. Blue and red like I don't know what the big deal is.

pr1mo
Premium
join:2003-11-12
Harwood Heights, IL
kudos:2
reply to Pollux7777
Well, because you seem like you stand by your team no matter what, I'll give you respect and say good luck to your team. I, on the other hand, am looking forward to watching DA BEARS stomping out a few baby lions.

f0rtys3ven

join:2011-09-01
Lansing, MI
Hey man.

When you actually watch most of 16 games of an 0 - 16 season you realize that you have two options. One find a new favorite team. or two stick it out because that shit aint happenin twice in my life time.

I like Cutler and I think you do well with Marshal. Hope Urlacher makes it back to 100%.

I also have mad respect for the Patriots mostly because the offense seems different every year and they still do well. Belichek is truly crazy smart. Brady is mechanically close to perfect. Its good football.

Down with PACK. Rodgers can suck it!
--
Leaning out a window with a cocked shotgun. Driving up the block in the car they shot Pac in. Looking for Big's killers. Dressing ridiculous. Blue and red like I don't know what the big deal is.

Kulldar
Premium
join:2008-11-11
Warren, MI
reply to pr1mo
Lions fan checking in.

The bears are looking better this year but will still only take 3rd in our division....that's if they finish ahead of the vikings

stvnbrs
Premium
join:2009-03-17
Cary, NC
kudos:5
49ers. That is all.

bionicRod
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium
join:2009-07-06
united state
Rams are going all the way...hehehehahaha...this...hahaharoflmao...

OK I can't do that with a straight face. But they're still my team. And we kicked the shit out of the Chiefs a couple weeks ago.

Ghastlyone
Premium
join:2009-01-07
Las Vegas, NV
reply to Pollux7777
As long as Green Bay get their asses kicked, I don't care who goes to the SB.

Whipperstick

@enmaxenvision.net
reply to Pollux7777
Thanks for the actual replies.

Turns out i wasn't missing any big eureka moment, the game was just not made for the spontanious open world pvp that I loved in WoW. I still maintain that it was money well spent, while i wouldn't suggest the game to everybody.

If thieves had actual stealth I'd be alot happier with it.

And as far as football goes, roughriders this year.

whipstacks

@enmaxenvision.net
reply to Pollux7777
Oh yeah, while I'm at it I might as well ask what there is to do at max level, pve wise.

Raiding? instances?

bionicRod
Premium
united state
said by whipstacks :

Oh yeah, while I'm at it I might as well ask what there is to do at max level, pve wise.

Raiding? instances?

No. There are a hundred WoW clones out there. This is different from WoW on purpose. There are instances through the levelling process from 30 on up. Story mode and Explorable (hard) mode. If you are a higher level for anything the game de-levels you to the appropriate level so you can still play with your friends. There really is no 'end game', raiding wise. There will be expansions and future content, along with the instances that are there now and the never ending world pvp.

Nesse

join:2009-06-12
Naperville, IL
reply to footballdude
said by footballdude:

said by Nesse:

I refuse to leave an area until Ive competed the whole zone. All the waypoints, POIs, hearts, vistas and skill points.

I haven't figured out vistas yet. How do they work? I've seen a couple on the map but walked to the spot and nothing happened?

As stvnbrs already mentioned, they are usually a jumping challenge that will give you a cut scene of the surrounding area. To me, it gives the world a more expansive feel to it seeing your toon at the top of a place in the world as it pans the area.

I did say "usually" a jumping puzzle of sorts. Not always though. Some you can just walk up to. Others are harder to figure out.

BionicRod mentions a few good reasons to fully explore a zone, and I hope Im remembering this correctly. But after finding all the Vistas, Waypoints, POI and challenges you get an additional lump of XP and a copper and some items. Usually transmutation stones? Is that right? Im not at home to confirm this. Maybe someone else can correct me of Im wrong. I seem to remember getting some actual gear once too, but again, that was last week and I could be recalling incorrectly. But I thought you get a chest similar to the daily quests when you completely explore a zone.

Ghastlyone
Premium
Las Vegas, NV
reply to bionicRod
said by bionicRod:

said by whipstacks :

Raiding? instances?

No. There are a hundred WoW clones out there. This is different from WoW on purpose. There are instances through the levelling process from 30 on up. Story mode and Explorable (hard) mode. If you are a higher level for anything the game de-levels you to the appropriate level so you can still play with your friends. There really is no 'end game', raiding wise. There will be expansions and future content, along with the instances that are there now and the never ending world pvp.

lol maybe this will end up being the complete opposite of WoW and have a ton of end game raiding released later on, compared to WoW releasing PVP content long after that game had been out.

Fiftycals

join:2010-02-16
El Paso, TX
reply to Pollux7777
If I had to complain about something in the game it would be the dungeons. Like someone posted earlier boss fights feel like zerg fights. It's possible to dodge attacks but almost impossible to avoid getting downed in a fight. I feel like there should be more room to move around. I know they're trying to get rid of the whole tanking and healing but it can be very frustrating to die 12 times in a fight because your heal is on cooldown and you took aggro. Unlike some other MMO's when you die in a bossfight you can res at the last checkpoint inside the dungeon and run back to the boss fight. That turns people lazy and ends up costing a chunk of coin in repairs.

I AM
Premium
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA
kudos:4
reply to Ghastlyone
I prefer not having raiding. That is a thing of the past! Give me a 5 man dungeon or event with a great story line instead.

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA
reply to Whipperstick
said by Whipperstick :

while i wouldn't suggest the game to everybody.

That's true. A close friend of mine who we played WoW with for years really got into GW2 but even he said at first he had to shake off the WoW approach. He said he wouldn't recommend it to those who are too deep in WoW fanboyism.

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE
reply to Fiftycals
thats my question how long will repeatedly dieing in dungeons continue to be fun game play, and the explorable mode is even harder.
--
Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau!
If you say you burned my map, I'll nail your tits to the table!

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12
said by cymraeg:

thats my question how long will repeatedly dieing in dungeons continue to be fun game play, and the explorable mode is even harder.

tbh that's a valid question of any MMO right after release before any nerfs or higher level gear is introduced.
--
If we lose this freedom of ours, history will record with the greatest astonishment, those who had the most to lose, did the least to prevent its happening.

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE
granted kris, but with new expansions and higher end gear the level of difficulty, i presume, would also increase then youre still in the same boat. dont get me wrong here i want GW2 to succeed, but w/o the trinity, they need to adjust their self healing mechanics and or implement a ranged heal, that isnt from a mes.
--
Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau!
If you say you burned my map, I'll nail your tits to the table!

Ghastlyone
Premium
Las Vegas, NV
reply to Pollux7777
To be honest for me, end game raiding is the last thing on my mind at the moment.

I almost have no desire to raid again 4 nights a week like I did in WoW. If dungeons, questing, farming, exploring, events, PVP, etc. is enough to keep me busy, I'll be perfectly happy.

ekster
Hi there
Premium
join:2010-07-16
Lachine, QC
kudos:3
Reviews:
·FreePhoneLine
reply to Pollux7777
I'm still on the fence with this one.

Is the combat like in GW1? I found it mostly dull as it was just getting the right timing on 8-10 buttons and then wait for cool down. Is it still more or less the same?

And I've no time or interest in PvP or WoW style raids right now, so is the content good enough to keep someone amused for a while for a co-op game? And crappy quests of 'fetch 10 of this' don't count as fun.

Whipshtuck

@enmaxenvision.net
reply to Pollux7777
Wait, so rather than 'being like wow' they'd rather have nothing?

And somebody said endless world pvp? this game has no world pvp at all. World pvp happens in the world, not in a tol barad style area, wvwvw is alot close to classic BG's than world pvp.

Even with just the level experience its worth the money.

whipsastick

@enmaxenvision.net
reply to Pollux7777
Oh yeah, if your not worried about the pvp or end game the game is worth it for sure. TONS of content to level through.

From what I understand (i'm an ignorant noob fyi) the is no end game. at all. none.

And the pvp is gimmicky, appears to be love it or hate it. If you love WoW pvp, your in for a rude awakening.

Just hopping on for a few hours a week and doing the leveling thing sounds like what will appeal to the majority. Thats certainly the route i plan on taking.

TheThing

join:2012-08-10
kudos:1
reply to Pollux7777
I love WoW PvP, RBGs, Arena (2400 in 3s), normals BG... and I love GW2 PvP

GW2 PvP > WoW PvP with WvW imo

don't want to fight? you have PvE elements in WvW

don't want to fight directly? built siege etc

pretty epic, targetting has issues but I'm confident it'll be fixed

leveling in GW2 is also 10x better than leveling in WoW

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA
reply to whipsastick
Is Whipshtuck Vince? The mindset of mmo's is that end game is a gear grind. Even GW1 the end game was not a gear grind. The real pvp will be Heart of Mists and in there everyone has the same gear that you can start with from level 1. GW1 was about unlocking elite skills and abilities and perfecting/creating new builds not gear grind. If you're looking for gear = win or an end game with gear grind look elsewhere.

bionicRod
Premium
united state
said by I AM:

Is Whipshtuck Vince? The mindset of mmo's is that end game is a gear grind. Even GW1 the end game was not a gear grind. The real pvp will be Heart of Mists and in there everyone has the same gear that you can start with from level 1. GW1 was about unlocking elite skills and abilities and perfecting/creating new builds not gear grind. If you're looking for gear = win or an end game with gear grind look elsewhere.

Yep. Almost every other MMO will fill the anon's needs better than GW2. Just not the game for him.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
He completely left out sPVP.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
reply to Whipshtuck
said by Whipshtuck :

And somebody said endless world pvp? this game has no world pvp at all. World pvp happens in the world, not in a tol barad style area, wvwvw is alot close to classic BG's than world pvp.

That's just purposefully/deliberately misinterpreting what they are calling the "World vs. World vs. World" maps. It is not "World PVP" but entire fucking worlds battling each other.
--
If we lose this freedom of ours, history will record with the greatest astonishment, those who had the most to lose, did the least to prevent its happening.

mettachain
Goblineer

join:2011-09-27
Azeroth
You got trolled hard Kris
--
Good evening!

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit
Not really, just don't have a good bead on our anon who, as I AM said, may be the worst troll on dslr atm.
--

mettachain
Goblineer

join:2011-09-27
Azeroth
trackin all now
--
Good evening!