Premium
join:2005-11-16
Z'ha'dum
Reviews:
·CenturyLink

DOGnzb to become private after Sep. 3

Here's the info from the site -

quote:
After 6 months of having our doors fully open, we will not accept any more new registrations starting September 3rd (thus making DOGnzb a private site). At some point in the next few weeks, there will be an invite system in place, so you can invite friends. Furthermore, accounts will be purged after 3 months of inactivity (Login/RSS/API). VIP users are exempt of this rule, so if you want to keep your account please upgrade.
Time's short for public signup. I wonder what prompted this decision?
--
"I'm just a human being trying to make it in a world that is very rapidly losing its understanding of being human." - John Trudell

aciddrink

join:2000-08-26
Interesting. Never heard of this site before, been using NZBmatrix for years. I'll check this out.

dogzipp

@ice.co.cr
To be truthfull, there's no real motivation for going private. Mainly we wanted allways to be a private community. We don't want to have the notoriety that other like NZBs.org or NZBmatrix have. We prefer to cater to just a couple thousand users and do it while keeping a low profile. Of course, already existing users, will be able to invite their friends to join.

MATA7

join:2005-05-29
Mississauga, ON
i never heard about this site, is there any chance that i can get a invitation please

thanks in advance

singerie3

join:2008-10-12
Saint-Constant, QC
i think the invite system isn't up yet.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
join:2001-11-26
Earth
kudos:19
reply to Kosh
lol I went to try and sign up on 9/4 and came into this thread to see this.

AtariBaby

join:2006-03-05
San Francisco, CA
reply to Kosh
Would anyone be willing to invite a longtime, friendly DSLreports guy?

use email address dognzb (at) xgregoryx (dot) com if willing.

Thanks!

singerie3

Saint-Constant, QC
said by AtariBaby:

Would anyone be willing to invite a longtime, friendly DSLreports guy?

use email address dognzb (at) xgregoryx (dot) com if willing.

Thanks!

invite is still disablem... the admin said he will open invite in october.

AtariBaby

join:2006-03-05
San Francisco, CA
reply to Kosh
Oh, well, I guess I'm out of the club until at least then. Thanks for letting me know.

WiFiguru
To infinity... and beyond
Premium
join:2005-06-21
Irvine, CA
reply to Kosh
Invites are supposed to be ready to go this week per a message from the site admin.

If anybody wants one, I might have a couple to give out =)

PM me

singerie3

Saint-Constant, QC
same for me !

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth
The admin of dognzbd monitors this thread. Shortly after my post on 9/4, I was contacted by him and was given an invite before his invite system was active.

I was pleased. I plan to see how I can put this in my "setup".
--
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -MLK

WiFiguru
To infinity... and beyond
Premium
join:2005-06-21
Irvine, CA
reply to Kosh
That's awesome! Props to the admin!

Kelm

join:2012-10-02
reply to Kosh
I also ended up here after realizing dognzb had closed there doors too. I'm new to dslreports. I wish I had signed up when they were open. They seem like one of the better newznab implantation's out there, right up there with nzbs.org. Hopefully their invite system will be online soon.

Newsgroupuse

@eastlink.ca
reply to Kosh
said by Kosh:

Here's the info from the site -

quote:
After 6 months of having our doors fully open, we will not accept any more new registrations starting September 3rd (thus making DOGnzb a private site). At some point in the next few weeks, there will be an invite system in place, so you can invite friends. Furthermore, accounts will be purged after 3 months of inactivity (Login/RSS/API). VIP users are exempt of this rule, so if you want to keep your account please upgrade.
Time's short for public signup. I wonder what prompted this decision?

I have always thought private was better than public. The owners/admins have much more control of the site and the users (get out of line and you can be banned because its user name and password only, not IP). Good for them for doing it right.

pewter77

join:2012-10-03

1 edit
reply to Kosh
Looks like I missed public signup. Is it worth it to pursue an invite? My other nzb sites have been a bit unstable lately. How much is the VIP option?

Kosh
We are all Kosh
Premium
join:2005-11-16
Z'ha'dum
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
I think it's a very good indexer, $10 for "lifetime" sub (lifetime being a relative term in our litigious environment). You can use the TV and Movie watchlists in lieu of Sickbeard and Couchpotato respectively, which is a distinguishing feature. Well worth the money IMO.
--
"I'm just a human being trying to make it in a world that is very rapidly losing its understanding of being human." - John Trudell

Stem Bolt
Aka Smiling Bob
Premium
join:2002-11-08
Cleveland, OH
kudos:2
said by Kosh:

I think it's a very good indexer, $10 for "lifetime" sub (lifetime being a relative term in our litigious environment). You can use the TV and Movie watchlists in lieu of Sickbeard and Couchpotato respectively, which is a distinguishing feature. Well worth the money IMO.

I totally agree. I've replaced Sickbeard with Dognzb's remote nzb push. It's TV and Movie Watchlists are excellent. The site uses Newznab for it's backend but has a custom frontend. The admin is very hands on and listens to users suggestions. It's worth the $10.

browngeek

join:2010-01-14
hong kong
reply to Kosh
Grr, any way of getting an invite to DOGnzb. Seems I may have missed the boat on this one.

pr1mo
Premium
join:2003-11-12
Harwood Heights, IL
reply to Kosh
Any invites if possible? Unfortunately, missed out on the registration

pewter77

reply to Kosh
Cool, I guess I'll pursue an invite more aggressively. Need something reliable and the nzb push function sounds awesome.

Cheers!

Stem Bolt
Aka Smiling Bob
Premium
join:2002-11-08
Cleveland, OH
reply to Kosh
The admin of Dognzb said he plans to activate the invite system sometime this month. So, until that happens......

pewter77

reply to Kosh
Oh I thought he did, my bad. Guess i'll have to wait longer heh.

Thanks for the information.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth
Invite functionality doesn't appear to be working yet.

Someone is sabotaging me.Finding out who
Premium
join:2001-06-03
Kenner, LA
reply to Kosh
Looks stupid.

Ryan
Premium
join:2001-03-03
Braintree, MA
reply to Kosh
I really like dogzb, but its lacking a key feature I use all the time. On nzb.su for example I can pick hd movie category, but then I can filter the list down further and pick movies from 2012 so it will only show new releases and not re-releases. With dognzb the only way I can tell doing this is to do an actual search, but then you loose the movie covers

ziekke

join:2009-04-13
reply to Kosh
I'm very interested in an invite to this site. If the admin is watching, or a user here has one it would be greatly appreciated! Unfortunately I caught the site shortly after it closed its doors

If the site is as nice as it sounds, I'd be more than happy to VIP my account.

ifndefx

join:2012-10-17
reply to Kosh
Damn it, I just started using usenets in October and I opened up an account on nzb.su and then it suddenly couldn't recognise my login. Looks like I've just missed out on another site with good recommendations.

Guess I have to keep looking.

singerie3

Saint-Constant, QC
reply to Kosh
i already gave my 2 invite for dognzb, i'll post here when i have more.

kalen3285

join:2008-09-21
If anyone has an invite available, I'd love it. I have invites for nzb.su to trade if that helps at all.