TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:28
reply to 04193189

Re: Teksavvy website = NEW spy agency for Google & NSA

Hi g777,

I'm trying to understand what you would like TekSavvy to do. Can you remove any explanations about why and just say, do this and do that and you'd be happy. Then from that I can say what we can and cannot do. sound fair?
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

sbrook
Premium,Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa
kudos:13
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·WIND Mobile
reply to 04193189
So, don't go to the TekSavvy website! Simple.

If you've "practiced" law, I wonder how successful your common law approach has been in front of the bench? Or were you laughed out of court. Or were you not a lawyer at all so not actually "practicing" law, but merely a legal cleric?
Expand your moderator at work

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:28

said by 04193189:

My OP is blatantly clear in the simplest manner possible, even in point form for easier reading. Reading rest of my suggestions in this thread is as well. If you can't comprehend this basic English then there's something seriously wrong at your end.

Then there's no need for further discussion. It's all very clear. Thanks for your feedback.

best regards.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

join:2012-06-18
Kitchener, ON
Question still remains: are you or are you not going to fix the items mentioned?

Bhruic

join:2002-11-27
Toronto, ON
kudos:2
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to Anon
said by 04193189:

My OP is blatantly clear in the simplest manner possible, even in point form for easier reading. Reading rest of my suggestions in this thread is as well. If you can't comprehend this basic English then there's something seriously wrong at your end.

Well, the first problem is that your OP is just blatantly wrong. Take:
1. New teksavvy site can't be properly run without turning on java script and google-analytics ... two major reporters of private data to Google, NSA, CIA, RCMP, CSIS and many other spy agencies. Google much more so than java.
for example. Yes, the website can be run entirely properly without google-analytics. I have NoScript installed for Firefox, and don't allow google-analytics. The website works entirely fine. There is no case where it "can't be run properly". Not to mention that you clearly have absolutely no understanding of "java script", as it's purely a scripting language and as such cannot "report" anything.

So when your very first point of your very first post is so very, very wrong, why would you expect anyone to care about anything else you say?

Kitchener, ON
Really? Then can you show all of us the pages with prices loaded and no java script. We sure would like to see the code as proof.
And screenshots are not good enough

intelp4

join:2007-05-01
reply to 04193189
g777, I read this thread three times but still cannot get what your goal is!!! You are blending many separate issues together, yet none of them are TekSavvy specific.

Which "personal information" are you afraid that google-analytic will gain from you by visiting a website? Does Google gets a copy of the information you submit through TekSavvy website? Do you imply that TekSavvy has agreement with Google to supply it with account profiles for each IP collected by google-analytic?

You said it: "Tools such as "Tor" does not fully protect your privacy. It just make it harder to link the collected information to you." This means that the Internet as a whole has no privacy, not just TekSavvy. Even the browser you are using might collect personal information from you.

Comparing dslreports to TekSavvy is like comparing apples to oranges. With your mentality, I will just demand to have anonymous ISPs that allow hackers and criminals to register and attack others within cyberspace. Safety is as important as privacy.

I also do not see how TekSavvy customer service fits with the privacy issue you raised. If you have issues with customer service, the you have the right to file a complaint or sue.

I also believe that the taxes are imposed by the government for any sales income. This is not TekSavvy specific. You should then sue the government for illegally forcing companies to collect sales taxes from individual, as per your claim.

Supporting old machines is always a big issues for all IT businesses. Go and tell Microsoft to provide lifetime support for Windows 1.0 to keep 8086 users happy (oh wait, I can get a used Windows 7 capable machine for about $150).

If you think you have a strong case, then go to the court and sue TekSavvy, Google or even the government of Canada for breaching privacy laws instead of wasting your VALUABLE time and energy on a "PUBLIC" website such as dslreports.
--
It will be better if everyone cares about others

damir52
SFRJ
Premium
join:2003-05-24
Why do you people even waste your time on this thread?

Honestly, i never red the whole thread, but, couple of last posts and i see this is going nowhere.

Marc and TSI guys should contact DSL Reports and have this closed.

/end
--
www.urimage.net - Free Image Hosting

Kitchener, ON
Wrong. For once Teksavvy is being held with their feet to the fire when they have blatantly breached privacy laws and caused other problems. Why not hold them to same as Bell, Rogers and others?

j0j0j14

@teksavvy.com
reply to Anon
In your OP all you did was state "facts". Not a single question was asked.

nysports4evr
Premium
join:2010-01-23
kudos:1
reply to 04193189
Wow.

Kitchener, ON
reply to j0j0j14
said by j0j0j14 :

In your OP all you did was state "facts". Not a single question was asked.

maybe you want to read it again

intelp4

reply to 04193189
said by 04193189:

Wrong. For once Teksavvy is being held with their feet to the fire when they have blatantly breached privacy laws and caused other problems. Why not hold them to same as Bell, Rogers and others?

Then tell TSI what simply to do to end this. You are not always getting attention from a company's CEO to look for your demands.

You had the time to reply, yet you cannot revise your demands in OP be in simpler "short" form!!! How much effort will it take from you to do such simple task?!

--

Bhruic

Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL

1 edit
reply to 04193189
said by 04193189:

Really? Then can you show all of us the pages with prices loaded and no java script. We sure would like to see the code as proof.
And screenshots are not good enough

You don't understand what javascript is. Which is fine, but you need to stop talking about it as if you do. What javascript is: a scripting language. What javascript is not: anything else.

No, the website doesn't work without javascript. But the website also doesn't work without html. Both are scripting languages, period. Your insistance on javascript being something more just makes you look foolish.

Furthermore, I never said originally that the website worked without javascript, I said it worked without google-analytics. Which is does. I notice you completely ignored that part of my post, which confirms to me that you realize it doesn't require it, and your claim that it does is completely wrong.

edit: It's also worth pointing out that this site uses google-analytics, so I'm surprised you're posting here. Google is going to get all your private details!

Kitchener, ON
reply to intelp4
Teksavvy clearly knows what to do as Marc and others are techies. I have no probs dealing with Bell CEO or any other directly. It's only when a CEO is playing the dead duck that it's a problem. I don't fall for dumb tricks as demonstrated in this thread by many Teksavvy followers. If a CEO of any company doesn't know plain English then he/she is playing a manipulation game.

Kitchener, ON
reply to Bhruic
Really? For most unsuspecting visitors who don't use script blocker or other such privacy tools Javascript activates google-analytics, which activates their private info to be transmitted directly to google and then to NSA and other spy agencies.
To top it off pages are not secured, pages are sequential and designed for data mining, info is deep into the site causing major slowdowns and time lost, can't bring the full site up with privacy turned on. etc. etc.
So what are you actually talking about?

stormy13

join:2003-10-28
Etobicoke, ON
Geez, I hope you don't use Google Chrome or any other Google product or service then. Or if you do, do you plan on taking Google to court as well?
--
MS MVP Windows Expert-Consumer 2010-2012

Bhruic

Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to 04193189
I'm talking about the fact you claimed:
"New teksavvy site can't be properly run without turning on java script and google-analytics".

That is a direct quote from you. The website CAN be properly run without google-analytics. Therefore your claim was wrong. Considering your lack of understanding of this, or javascript in general, you are not in a position to be making the claims you are making.

Without understanding what you are talking about - which has it's been proven you don't - your conclusions about the website and its security are simply the ramblings of the uninformed.

Kitchener, ON
reply to stormy13
it doesn't matter .. subject is Teksavvy
google is enough trouble as it is .. read main dslreports page for more

intelp4

1 edit
reply to 04193189
said by 04193189:

Teksavvy clearly knows what to do as Marc and others are techies. I have no probs dealing with Bell CEO or any other directly. It's only when a CEO is playing the dead duck that it's a problem. I don't fall for dumb tricks as demonstrated in this thread by many Teksavvy followers. If a CEO of any company doesn't know plain English then he/she is playing a manipulation game.

You should get someone you trust to read your OP without your intervention, then ask about if he/she clearly understands your demands. Even it is being in plain English, this does not mean that it is easily readable (didn't you take in school that summarization is important?).

damir said it. This thread should be closed as there is nothing new but wasting more resources on repeating the same thing.

Again, if you have a strong case and believe that TSI manipulates you, then go and sue, or go and raise your case with the media (the ones seen by majority of people).
--

aah droool

@videotron.ca
reply to 04193189
said by 04193189:

Wow, Mirko, the lengths you will go to is dazzling.

Did you file a complaint with the privacy commissioner or Xenu?

Kitchener, ON
reply to Bhruic
and it can't be run fully without both .. so show actual proof of your claims

Kitchener, ON
reply to 04193189

wow .. it's amazing the lengths people will go to protect an offender and abuser of people's rights

Crowbar1

join:2009-06-23
Toronto , ON
reply to 04193189

stormy13

join:2003-10-28
Etobicoke, ON
reply to 04193189
Guess you better start ranting at Bell next as they also have google-analytics enabled at bell.ca. As for your point #4, Bell isn't encrypted either when you are asked to enter your address/postal code/phone number to see what/if you qualify for.

So like I said, when do you start your rant at Bell for exactly the same thing?
--
MS MVP Windows Expert-Consumer 2010-2012