uniqs
share rss forum feed

I_H8_Spam

join:2004-03-10
St Catharines, ON
reply to twizlar

Re: [Serious] Right to defend?

said by twizlar:

Unfortunately in Canada, you are better off to kill an intruder than to injure/maim them.

Case in point: Corey Blaskie
--
AFK: Attack, fight, kill!! The healer is telling you to go pull mobs.
WTF: Way to fight! The healer is applauding your tactical genius

Rifleman
Premium
join:2004-02-09
p1a
reply to I_H8_Spam

I'd have shot his sorry ass.

a1_Andy
Premium
join:2005-12-29
Oshawa, ON
reply to I_H8_Spam

When I was 9 years old a bunch of guys busted into our house in hopes of stealing jewellery, electronics, money and computers. Wee where supposed to be at the cabin that weekend but didn't go like we did every weekend in the summer's.
My Dad has his own robotics engineering factory's so I guess they thought it would be a good score, (Computers 30 years ago where expensive). Well Dad opened up on them with my baseball bat and smashed one guys skull and busted the other guys knees right at the cap's. the last guy ran for his life.
The cops came and shook my Dad's hand because what he did was right. When the two that where caught left the hospital they went strait to jail on BnE charges, (before home invasion I guess).

The downfall;
The house insurance to this day pays the fucker in the wheel chair monthly, and the guy that was hit in the head, his parents get a nice check from the home insurance as well still to this day.
I guess its gotten worse, must be rookie cops.
--
A piece of crap in a box with a guaranteed sticker on it is nothing but a guaranteed piece of crap.
You Can build a man a fire and he will be warm for a night, You can set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

lugnut

@look.ca
reply to I_H8_Spam

All I know is if anyone breaks into my place one night, only one of us is going to be walking out.

Let God and the OPP sort things out the next morning.

Expand your moderator at work

PX Eliezer7
Premium
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River
kudos:13
Reviews:
·callwithus
·voip.ms
reply to I_H8_Spam

Re: [Serious] Right to defend?

said by I_H8_Spam:

This type of case is where I feel the USA system of locally elected Prosecutors, trumps the appointed system Canada uses.

In the USA I doubt this even would have been considered for charges.

Probably not....

Just a note: Every state chooses how their prosecutors (or district attorneys) are chosen.

In New York, DA's are elected. That system has its own issues.

In New Jersey, County prosecutors are appointed directly by the Governor....

said by I_H8_Spam:

In the USA I doubt this even would have been considered for charges.

Quite likely, in most US jurisdictions this would have been presented to a Grand Jury....and I doubt that a Grand Jury would have issued an indictment. Thus no arrest or trial.

Canada no longer uses Grand Juries....

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4

said by PX Eliezer7:

Most US states don't use them now, either. Only 22 states still use them.

peterboro
Premium
join:2006-11-03
Peterborough, ON
reply to PX Eliezer7

said by PX Eliezer7:

Did we ever? I'm curious as our legal system was adopted from England where charges originate by way of police or justices of the peace/magistrates.

I do remember an episode of Rockford Files were the producers where intent on criticizing the grand jury system in California.

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4

Yes, the provinces did at various points. Nova Scotia was the last province to get rid of them back in the 80s.

The UK got rid of theirs in the 30s, and the last Australian state got rid of theirs in 2006. The Americans - and not all of them, even - are really the only ones who still use them.