All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

jskellington
@bhn.net

jskellington

Anon

[CFL] After multiple visits from BH, spotty WIFI on Lightning!

Hello! I recently moved to Winter Garden and am having a heck of a time getting BH internet to work. We pay for Lightning and have had over 4 home visits from tech support and numerous phone calls to resolve the following: WIFI in our small one level house is spotty at best. My Xbox and PS3 are no further than 20 feet from the router and I still have buffering and reloading issues (something I never had with Comcast and FIOS in Virginia when the router was on a different level of the house). Techs have come out and replaced the modem twice (I'm on my third modem/router) and checked the signal and box outside. At times, the signal works. At other times, it's as if I'm on dial-up. With Comcast, I was able to add another modem to the house for a work computer, but still use the same internet via coax. BH said if I wanted to do that, I'd have to pay for another Lightning subscription. If BH cannot get the WIFI to reach my entire small house, why can't I add a modem (that I'd pay for) without paying for internet twice. I'm afraid to call them again because I feel like it's a lost cause. Can you help? I had an Aeris modem, then a Ubee, now an Aeris modem. Also, starting this morning, my battery light on the router/modem is blinking. They said this was a new router. How could the battery be dying already?

AMejia1976
join:2000-07-29
Kissimmee, FL

AMejia1976

Re: [CFL] After multiple visits from BH, spotty WIFI on Lightnin

Good morning and welcome to Florida!

You will need to open a direct thread message on »/fo ··· sedirect
include your IP and MAC so Xpert can access your info and see what he can do.

Alex
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to jskellington

Premium Member

to jskellington
said by jskellington :

Hello! I recently moved to Winter Garden and am having a heck of a time getting BH internet to work. We pay for Lightning and have had over 4 home visits from tech support and numerous phone calls to resolve the following: WIFI in our small one level house is spotty at best. My Xbox and PS3 are no further than 20 feet from the router and I still have buffering and reloading issues (something I never had with Comcast and FIOS in Virginia when the router was on a different level of the house). Techs have come out and replaced the modem twice (I'm on my third modem/router) and checked the signal and box outside. At times, the signal works. At other times, it's as if I'm on dial-up. With Comcast, I was able to add another modem to the house for a work computer, but still use the same internet via coax. BH said if I wanted to do that, I'd have to pay for another Lightning subscription. If BH cannot get the WIFI to reach my entire small house, why can't I add a modem (that I'd pay for) without paying for internet twice. I'm afraid to call them again because I feel like it's a lost cause. Can you help? I had an Aeris modem, then a Ubee, now an Aeris modem. Also, starting this morning, my battery light on the router/modem is blinking. They said this was a new router. How could the battery be dying already?

You have had two of our very best gateways as it applies to range which indicates to me there is something environmental causing this issue which we cannot control. We do not warrant wireless connectivity (nor does any provider). I will however give you some options that will solve this but it will involve a slight investment on your part. Just to be sure open a direct forums thread so I can review everything and I'll be in touch on Tuesday.
jskellington
join:2012-09-02
Winter Garden, FL

jskellington

BHNtechXpert, I have posted the issue with more details in the direct forum. Please let me know if you need more information to address the issue. Thanks!