Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

scross

join:2002-09-13
Cordova, TN
reply to marcusa007

Re: At&t ran cable through my yard without having an easement

I actually have a small phone wiring box in the rear corner of my backyard, which most of the time I all but forget is there. It of course feeds my house and all of my neighbors, where the buried wiring nicely follows the fence line (I know this because I've had it marked out for me before). In the 25 years I've lived here, where at least one of us was usually at home during the day, I only know of it having been accessed maybe twice. Both times the phone company tech was very polite, professional, and organized, and came to the door first before going into the back yard.

The cable company, on the other hand, has never been anything like this professional. They've unexpectedly left temporary cable connections running through both my front and back yards (and my neighbors'), have shown up at ungodly hours to do trenching work, have left their boxes open and exposed to the weather, have left junk (excess cable and sometimes far more expensive stuff) just lying around, never to be reclaimed unless I called it in, and so on. And once when I asked a cable repairman why my cable connection ran all the way up the side of my driveway, all around my back yard, then back down the other side of my house, instead of taking a far more direct route (it was at least twice as long as it needed to be), I was told "Because we're contractors, and we're paid by the foot!"

And the pit bull thing: I don't know where you live, but around here those dogs go for a premium! And there is a high probability that it would get stolen.