uniqs

AlexE4
join:2006-12-16
Chicago, IL

AlexE4 to mix

to mix

Re: Linksys E4200 Connected to Ultra

In his other thread here »WOW Ultra MG9225G 50/5 Service

I instructed him to connect the gateway to a LAN port on the E4200 as to avoid that issue. From here it sounds like something to do with wireless settings on the E4200. Try changing the encryption to only WPA2 AES encryption, not AES+TKIP if it's set on something like that. Or try just straight TKIP. I've run into problems with certain devices not connecting due to the type of encryption used.
NuclearXP9
join:2012-04-12
Trenton, MI

NuclearXP9

Second the statement by Alex. Try changing the encryption type or even disable it to rule that out. Also do other basics like forgetting the wifi network on the problematic devices them readd to make sure you're using the right password. Again a few of us reccomended keeping the gateway and access point in the same subnet (192.168.0.X).
sparkydm
join:2012-05-10

sparkydm

In my post they are on the same subnet, 192.168.0.x. I'll review the document as I actually have a day off work tomorrow. No, I don't have it and haven't read it. My home networks haven't been this problematic in the past so, I read up as needed. I'm grateful for the information and suggestions. Oh, I did cable up to the LAN as suggested. I'll also verify that when I return home. Sometimes I get conflicting information so, I try them both realizing it's not always "One size fits all!". Thank you both again and I'll post the outcome!

mix
join:2002-03-19
Romeo, MI
GL.iNet GL-B1300
Netgear CM500

mix to AlexE4

to AlexE4
Except your instructions are wrong... You bridge the Linksys, then plug an ethernet cable from the Linksys WAN port to the Ultra tv lan port. Also, if you want to get the 802.11n speeds the router is capable of, you must use WPA2 AES encryption or no encryption at all for wireless. Anything else will most likely prevent the ability to supply 50 Mbps+ throughput over wireless.
sparkydm
join:2012-05-10

sparkydm

I reset the 4200 to start over. After logging in on 192.168.1.1 I looked under basic setup for Internet connection. The downloaded document and, post, say to set internet type to Bridge mode. The only problem is, Bridge mode isn't an option on my drop down window. Maybe my router has an older software on it?