spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Gary193

@direcway.com

[HN9000] unknown usage

I have 3 computers (2 wired and 1 wireless) sharing my internet via a router. To the best of my knowledge I have turned off all automatic updates and other functions on all 3 computers but sometimes there is usage (status meter decreases) when no one is using the internet. Does the HN9000 have a program built in that will tell me what program is accessing the internet at any given time so I can chase this thing down? Thanks for any help you can give.

Nimblewill

join:2007-08-17
Dahlonega, GA
Have you password protected your router?

If you catch your modem downloading data try opening Task Manager, click the Performance tab and click the Resource Monitor button, then click the Network tab. You will see the processes and applications accessing the network and TCP connections.

You should download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, when I had unexplained downloads, Malwarebytes found and removed the malware. Get the free version at malwarebytes.org Install and get the definition updates before scanning.

grohgreg
Dunno. Ask The Chief

join:2001-07-05
Dawson Springs, KY
reply to Gary193
Been with this outfit 10+ years now, have been FAP'd maybe 6 times. Almost w/o exception it wasn't me. But it took me a long time to notice a discrepancy in the 24 hour diagnostic history. That page shows hourly S/R activity on both the satellite side of the modem and on the LAN side of the modem. When I've been FAP'd, there's no LAN side activity to correspond with it. When I point that out to the kids in India (they have access to our Diagnostics), they quickly pull the FAP and restore my allowance.

//greg//
--
HN7000S - 98cm Prodelin/2w "pure" Osiris - ProPlus - G16/1001H - NOC:GTN - NAT 67.142.115.130 - Gateway 66.82.25.10 - DNS 66.82.4.12 and 66.82.4.8 - Firefox 15/MSIE9 - AV/Firewalled by NIS2012