spc
uniqs

Valdo
@verizon.net

Valdo to wayjac

Anon

to wayjac

Re: [connectivity] Modem 6100F Bridge Mode

I tried that and it didn't work. Plus I know my connection is a DHCP type Internet connection.

wayjac
MVM
join:2001-12-22
Indy

wayjac

MVM

If the internet connection requires dhcp you must release the public ip address before changing the device that does the dhcp

Valdo
@verizon.net

Valdo

Anon

Alright, lets say I do this. I release the public IP Address and connect it do a different device, and lets say it works ( I get internet connection). So Every time I want to change it to a different device, I must release the public IP Address every time ?
Is that correct?

The way I release the dhcp is opening cmd and typing ipconfig/release

wayjac
MVM
Indy

wayjac

MVM

said by Valdo :

So Every time I want to change it to a different device, I must release the public IP Address every time ? Is that correct?

Correct

said by Valdo :

The way I release the dhcp is opening cmd and typing ipconfig/release

This will work when the computer has the public ip address
Most routers have a release/ renew button for the public ip this must be used when the router has the public ip

Valdo
@verizon.net

Valdo

Anon

To wayjac : Thank You very much. It worked for every device I connected. But is it necessary to wait two hours for the DCHP to expire when releasing the IP Address?

wayjac
MVM
Indy

wayjac

MVM

said by Valdo :

But is it necessary to wait two hours for the DCHP to expire when releasing the IP Address?

When the ip lease is released there is no need to wait

Valdo
@verizon.net

Valdo

Anon

said by wayjac:

When the ip lease is released there is no need to wait

Alright, Thank You. Everything is all set. My questions and concerns have been answered.