join:2008-02-01
North Tonawanda, NY
kudos:24
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL
·Frontier Communi..
reply to staregazer

Re: frontier bonding adsl 2 + vdsl

The DSLAMs need to be ADSL2/ADSL2+ units that support bonding natively. Otherwise Frontier will have to use other techniques to bond the connections (MLPPP, etc). In legacy areas such as what I come out of, the BRAS or DSLAM would most likely need to be replaced before any such upgrades can be made, but it all depends on the equipment and it's age. VPN bonding is an option but that is additional overhead against the network and on the user's router.

cool88

@frontiernet.net
so does any one know if the people like me thats modem set to adsl NOT adsl2+ will get upgrade where we can get the full 3mbps instead 1.3mbps to 1.1mbps or will we not get anything frontier been here for like 5 or 6 years know the high speed been here for about 2 or 3 years know

cool88

@frontiernet.net
here what i get should i beable to get more than 1.1 to 1.3mbps i should beable to get 3or6mbps or what should i beable to get and is my line mode set to the old ADSL or is it ADSL2+

Transceiver Statistics
Line Mode ADSL_G.dmt
Data Path FAST

Transceiver Information Down Stream Path Up Stream Path
DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec) 1344 192
Margin (dB) 30.3 31.0
Line Attenuation (dB) 22.5 12.0
Transmit Power (dBm) 16.8 11.9

jpgr
WAR

join:2011-08-18
Clyde, OH
you should be able to get way faster speeds you need to email your regional manager or upgrade your speed tier !

jpgr
WAR

join:2011-08-18
Clyde, OH
reply to cool88
you should get at least 5m down

cool88

@frontiernet.net
i was told i will get 3mbps i have never seen the 3mbps since i have had frontier

cool88

@frontiernet.net
reply to jpgr
like should the modem like reset to the speed that i was told i would get if i trun it off
Expand your moderator at work