Premium Member
join:2001-06-01
Outland

pandora to Ginjer

Premium Member

to Ginjer

Re: [Lore] DSLR Guild (Thrall) has started

said by Ginjer:

It is a little strange though that they are actually providing a way to move gear, gold, etc. to another server, when that could have been used with the on the Mal'Ganis guild. I am just going to assume at this point we are not a "real" DSLR guild. However, I do wish you guys the best.

My toons, just the ones I ran, contributed more than 25% of the entire XP the DSLR guild on Silvermoon received. That total is 233,101,524 out of 845,670,000 to level to 25 per - »www.wowhead.com/achievem ··· comments

If you add my kids contributions in, we are almost 2/3's of guild XP for DSLR on Silvermoon.

Can you tell me how much the main members of Mal'Ganis contributed to DSLR on Silvermoon? Any member of your guild, who has been active for longer than 6 months in DSLR and more than 6 months on Aftershock on Mal'Ganis and I will make a proportionate quantity of gold available to the Mal'Ganis guild.

I can tell you personally, there were days and months, when I felt like the only player, the only contributor. I know that isn't true, but I also know a lot more about leveling a small guild.

Is that fair? From the folks at Aftershock on Mal'Ganis I'll deduct 10% of any valid pro-rated contribution for any put down received against myself or the DSLR guild by an Aftershock leader. That is the heckle, being nasty discount.

Ginjer
Premium Member
join:2009-08-14
Earth

Ginjer

Premium Member

Pandora, you do not have to donate anything. I don't think we would ever take anything like that from anyone. I was just saying I felt like it would be more work for you all to create a new guild is all. After seeing your reasoning, I can understand why you have chosen a new server etc. Like I said in a previous post, it is all about having fun and enjoying the game.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to pandora

Premium Member

to pandora
said by pandora:

Can you tell me how much the main members of Mal'Ganis contributed to DSLR on Silvermoon?

Nothing? Is that the answer you were looking for? We aren't alliance pansies.

Harddrive
Proud American and Infidel since 1968.
Premium Member
join:2000-09-20
Fort Worth, TX

Harddrive

Premium Member

said by Krisnatharok:

We aren't alliance pansies.

Might as well be since you can't pick a permanent server. Buncha whiny bitches. Stupid Horde.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

1 recommendation

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

wut?

Suniojii
join:2009-10-31
Lakeside, CA

Suniojii to Harddrive

to Harddrive
I know, because who wouldnt want to be a part of this??? AMIRITE OR WUT?
pandora
Premium Member
Outland

1 edit

pandora to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok
said by Krisnatharok:

Horde or alliance is meaningless to me, I'll be happy to play a toon on either faction. To make faction such an issue seems immature to me.

The DSLR guild is laid back, and slow to level, mostly family centric, with some greatly appreciated help from others.

I recall the day I decided to make Fel an officer, the other officers asked me not to, saying he was too immature. However his heart was in the right place.

At the end, once all the tallies were up, outside of my family, Mr. Fel was the largest contributor to DSLR.

Sometimes you have to understand people matter, not the game. Fel and Kingdome have been such great friends and assets to our guild. Folks like that don't come along often, they are treasures.

Treasures to be appreciated and not insulted. My family could propel Aftershock to 25 much faster than any other group of players likely to sign up from this forum. Yet for years I've received insults similar to yours.

As someone who has taken a small family guild to 25, I'd like to offer some advice.

1) It's a game, enjoy it. Without enjoyment the game isn't fun.

2) Factions are for fun, taking them seriously is folly. Enjoy a faction as you would enjoy any other aspect of the game.

3) Value the people who play, your players are humans. I'm not Pandora or Vyle (my title in game). I'm a person, as is Fel or Kingdome or any other member of my guild. Respect players as real people. Value them. Try to understand them.

4) People have real life situations and needs. Sometimes they need to take extended leaves. This doesn't mean they don't care, or aren't interested, it means they have real lives and are human. Respect that, respect the time they gave and if / when they return, respect them again.

5) Without respect, and enjoyment of the game, a guild isn't fun imo.

Suniojii
join:2009-10-31
Lakeside, CA

Suniojii

said by pandora:

said by Krisnatharok:

Horde or alliance is meaningless to me, I'll be happy to play a toon on either faction. To make faction such an issue seems immature to me.

The DSLR guild is laid back, and slow to level, mostly family centric, with some greatly appreciated help from others.

I recall the day I decided to make Fel an officer, the other officers asked me not to, saying he was too immature. However his heart was in the right place.

At the end, once all the tallies were up, outside of my family, Mr. Fel was the largest contributor to DSLR.

Sometimes you have to understand people matter, not the game. Fel and Kingdome have been such great friends and assets to our guild. Folks like that don't come along often, they are treasures.

Treasures to be appreciated and not insulted. My family could propel Aftershock to 85 much faster than any other group of players likely to sign up from this forum. Yet for years I've received insults similar to yours.

As someone who has taken a small family guild to 25, I'd like to offer some advice.

1) It's a game, enjoy it. Without enjoyment the game isn't fun.

2) Factions are for fun, taking them seriously is folly. Enjoy a faction as you would enjoy any other aspect of the game.

3) Value the people who play, your players are humans. I'm not Pandora or Vyle (my title in game). I'm a person, as is Fel or Kingdome or any other member of my guild. Respect players as real people. Value them. Try to understand them.

4) People have real life situations and needs. Sometimes they need to take extended leaves. This doesn't mean they don't care, or aren't interested, it means they have real lives and are human. Respect that, respect the time they gave and if / when they return, respect them again.

5) Without respect, and enjoyment of the game, a guild isn't fun imo.

Pandora, I don't think you get it.

People are not peeved that you personally want to play horde side. It's simple, we wanted to play in a DSLR horde guild, so lots of us have transferred multiple characters to Mal'Ganis at great expense. We are all happy and content, and now we see you posting your Campaign posters all over the forum. And it's not as if you post one thread stating, "Hey guys, my kids and I are gonna play as horde on Thrall". Now we have to endure the constant threads of "My guild this, My guild is DSLR Horde, My guild blah" which all serve to cause obvious divisiveness.

I see you posting in carefully crafted mock innocence and sincerity, but let's cut the crap and stop beating around the passive aggressive bush shall we?

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

I think is all about getting the guild name "DSLR" (Pandora's kids and family) on the horde side not the "DSLR Guild" on horde side, am I right? At the end people is free to choose the best server for their particular needs.

Right now there is a horde guild where (many) DSLR Posters already play on that is on Mal'ganis.

We just need to avoid to confuse our fellow posters around here.
pandora
Premium Member
Outland

pandora

Premium Member

said by Jobbie:

I think is all about getting the guild name "DSLR" (Pandora's kids and family) on the horde side not the "DSLR Guild" on horde side, am I right? At the end people is free to choose the best server for their particular needs.

If the server were not PvP and if the GM were someone I trusted (Fel, Kingdome, and a few others), I'd gladly port.

IMO a PvP server is a poor choice for casuals, and particularly for kids. One of the leaders of the Mal'Ganis has been hostile toward myself and DSLR on Silvermoon for some time.

I'm not going to subject myself or my family to a guild leadership that is hostile toward us, or where we can be easily set up for ganking by Aftershock alliance alts.

In the DSLR guild, we don't gank our own players, we try to respect them all. That will be true horde or alliance.

I'm a bit slow to start the DSLR horde guild at the moment, but within the next week there will be a lot more activity. I'm loading a transfer toon, and want it to be as prepared as possible to help DSLR on the Thrall server. It is taking a bit of time than I would like as RL issues are affecting my ability to focus on the port.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
Earth Orbit

1 edit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

Nevermind, late night postings aren't the best idea..