Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

LazMan
Premium
join:2003-03-26
canada
reply to milnoc

Re: Incompetent technician cut off my Internet!

While I feel your pain, ToS usually specifically limit damages on residential services. Typically, they are considered 'best effort' vs. a business grade service, which would include an SLA with measurements, and penalty clauses...

You're probably SoL for anything above a refund of the actual service costs.

As for the actual cause; if you live in an MDU, the riser wiring isn't in Bell's assignment system... Butting into a pair, hearing no dial tone, and assuming its unused and available is pretty standard practice. Lazy, no doubt, but hardly uncommon... When it DOES get fixed, request special-service caps get installed... Just little red plastic covers that identify pairs of extra interest for future installers.

milnoc

join:2001-03-05
H3B
kudos:2
There's just one catch. My line didn't go through the telecom room. It was routed directly to the Bell cabinet OUTSIDE of the building. That's what the last technician did searching for a clean line when my service was upgraded from 5/800 to 16/1.
--
Watch my future television channel's public test broadcast!
»thecanadianpublic.com/live

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC
kudos:23
said by milnoc:

That's what the last technician did searching for a clean line when my service was upgraded from 5/800 to 16/1.

That sounds like a band 1 dry loop, so you'd probably be paying before tax $53.24 for 300GB or $67.24 for unlimited. Or if you have MLPPP, $57.24 or $71.24

Have you considered cable? For equivalent speeds (15 down, 1.5 up), it is cheaper in all cases. $50.95 for 300GB, or $57.95 for unlimited. No MLPPP required (since Videotron never throttled). The big price difference on unlimited is because Videotron UBB is much cheaper than Bell.

TBH I'd switch in an instant if I could just get decent upstream on cable...
--
Developer: Tomato/MLPPP, Linux/MLPPP, etc »fixppp.org