All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

mikecintel
join:2003-08-21
USA

mikecintel

[TW] Earthlink cable switch to Road Runner atuomatically?

Hi Everyone,

Last Saturday 9-1-12 I have switch my modem because my modem would not connect and it is intermittent. So I went to Time Warner Service center to switch my cable modem from RCA 425 to RCA 315. After I switch my cable modem and I reconnect it again when I open my browser it goes to this page »registration.rr.com/eula. I never had that page before and the last time I switch the modem was 11-11-06, It was from a Toshiba modem to a RCA 425. When I switch to RCA 425 I just plug my cable modem and it was fine and just browse any webpage. Then I called TW and they said oh because EARTH LINK IS UNDER ROAD RUNNER. When did this happen? The rep said last year but I did not get any notification at all. Then I had to register as RR and now when I went to TW my account center it says there is a credit of $9.65. My bill is always $41.95. I always pay on time and there is no credit at all. I know this means now I am a RR customer and now I still have access to my EL mail. I wonder if later on my EL email is going to be discontinued because now I am a RR customer instead of a EL but I didn't want to change to RR. I know EL cable is run by Time Warner.

Thanks,

Mike
mikecintel

mikecintel

***UPDATE***

On September 5, 2012 I called Time Warner and I spoke to Alex and I said to her why is my bill is changed to Road Runner Internet instead of Earthlink. Alex checked on my account and she said that when you called Tech support on September 1st the tech did not troubleshoot your problem and he just disconnect your service and put Road Runner as your default Internet service provider if you do not choose Earthlink. I told Alex I DO NOT wanted to be switched to Road Runner at all but the representative I spoke to “John” who switched my ISP to Road Runner without my consent and he told me that Earthlink is now under Rode Runner. Alex said that it is NOT TRUE and she said Earthlink is Earthlink and Road Runner is Road Runner. I said to Alexa I DID NOT Authorize for the switch to Road Runner and John did not even ask me if I wanted to switch to Road Runner.

Then I got transferred back to Earthlink a representative Proper got my Earthlink Internet service back. I am VERY Disappointed with Time Warner Customer Service Representative and they are lying to their customers.
Wilsdom
join:2009-08-06

Wilsdom

CSRs are low-paid unskilled labor, you really can't expect a lot.

mikecintel
USA

mikecintel

Yes I understand.
19579823 (banned)
An Awesome Dude
join:2003-08-04

19579823 (banned) to mikecintel

to mikecintel

I thought Earthlink WAS a part of Road runner.. (Road runner is earthlinks host)
cramer
Premium Member
join:2007-04-10
Raleigh, NC
Westell 6100
Cisco PIX 501

cramer

Premium Member

Road Runner and Earthlink are independent companies. Earthlink Cable Internet is resold Time Warner Cable (aka Road Runner) in Time Warner markets. Other than the IP address assigned, it has nothing to do with Earthlink; none of the traffic passes through Earthlink routers or networks.
19579823 (banned)
An Awesome Dude

19579823 (banned)

Hmmmmm i wonder why Time warner basically STEALS EARTHLINK CUSTOMERS THEN?? (If earthlink IS NOT part of TWC,how can they get away with this?? (Switching someone w/o telling them))

DocDrew
How can I help?
Premium Member
join:2009-01-28
SoCal
Ubee E31U2V1
Technicolor TC4400
Linksys EA6900

DocDrew

Premium Member

said by 19579823:

Hmmmmm i wonder why Time warner basically STEALS EARTHLINK CUSTOMERS THEN?? (If earthlink IS NOT part of TWC,how can they get away with this?? (Switching someone w/o telling them))

It was a mistake by a CSR who doesn't train very well.
cramer
Premium Member
join:2007-04-10
Raleigh, NC
Westell 6100
Cisco PIX 501

cramer to 19579823

Premium Member

to 19579823
A) TWC charges more.
B) TWC keeps 100% of the check. (Earthlink gets some part of my $42/month. Not much, but not zero either.)

Of course, Earthlink's contract doesn't include the latest speeds (i.e. the "wideband" DOCSIS 3 speeds) and TWC has been known to limit the "turbo" speeds. (it's a tier they don't sell anymore, but it's part of the elink contract.)
NightOwl2
join:2012-03-19

NightOwl2 to Wilsdom

to Wilsdom

Re: [TW] Earthlink cable switch to Road Runner atuomatically?

Low paid, but not every CSR is unskilled labor. Many CSR's are working their way through college with flexible hours at a call center. I know several CSR's who went on to IT, Account Managers, teachers, or started their own call center. Other CSR's may be there for part-time income or second jobs, or have lost quality employment via downsizing. I have a college degree but there are very few professional openings in my area.

Racerbob
Premium Member
join:2001-06-24
Webster, NY
·Frontier FiberOp..

Racerbob to cramer

Premium Member

to cramer

Re:  

said by cramer:

Of course, Earthlink's contract doesn't include the latest speeds (i.e. the "wideband" DOCSIS 3 speeds) and TWC has been known to limit the "turbo" speeds. (it's a tier they don't sell anymore, but it's part of the elink contract.)

I would think that in my area that has been upgraded to Doccis3 that I would still see Doccis3 if I went with Earthlink. Earthlink speeds are the same as TW's with no powerboost. So 10/1 and 20/2 levels.
concord7
join:2010-04-20
Charlotte, NC

concord7

I've used Earthlink in the past as a leverage to get TWC to offer me a lower rate when they increased their rates. I just got off the two year special rate and find that I'm being charged 57.95/mnth now (from 45.95). I'm fed up with TWC increases, so I went to Earthlink and they no longer provide service to my area. So I'm stuck with either TWC and Windstream.

mikecintel
USA

mikecintel

Re: [TW] Earthlink cable switch to Road Runner atuomatically?

UPDATE 10-28-12

I just received an email from Earthlink (10-26-12) and I am SO ANGRY. What the hell is TW doing? I told TW that I want to stay with EL and they told EL that I will be disconnected them UGH. Below is the email.

SUBJECT: Second Notice About Your EarthLink Cable Internet Service

Dear EarthLink Subscriber,

As stated in an earlier email, we received notification from
your cable provider that a change to your cable account has
caused your EarthLink internet service to be disconnected.

Please call us toll-free as soon as possible to let us know
whether you want to reactivate your EarthLink cable internet
service, which includes dial-up Internet access and EarthLink
email service.

If we have not heard from you within 5 days after the date of
this email, we will cancel your EarthLink account.

Please give us a call at: 1-888-850-1319.

Sincerely,

EarthLink Support Services

This is an Administrative Message from EarthLink. It is
not spam. From time to time, EarthLink will send you such
messages in order to communicate important information about
your subscription.

I have NEVER received this notice first of all and it is my FIRST time receiving this notice. Anyway just called EL and they had a 3rd party conference and TW said you are still EL and then I said OK. So I continued to talk with EL and they said it should be fine BUT if we do disconnect your service please call us and we can resolve the issue. If they disconnect my service I have to complaint and call PSC (Public Service Commission) because this is the 3rd time plus the first two times I called TW since I got my modem replace and this crap happens. I have to call PSC and let them deal with this because I have been back and fourth with Time Warner and it is VERY frustrating. Let's see what happens after 5 days.
19579823 (banned)
An Awesome Dude

19579823 (banned) to mikecintel

to mikecintel

Yup they a friend of mine from EL also and put them on TWC years ago!!!! (They didnt bother doing anything about it)

Thats what made me think TWC and EL are the same company... (Otherwise how can they just switch you w/o consent??)

mikecintel
USA

1 edit

mikecintel

Hi Dude111,

Yes I know EL cable is the SAME as TWC. But anyway I will do something about it. I told them TW NOT TO TOUCH MY INTERNET! and DO NOT SWITCH to TW at all. I will call PSC and do something about this. This HAS TO STOP. I have to see what happens first but still I will call PSC at some point to complain because I don't have time to keep on calling TW and EL representative to talk. I will try all I can I don't care if TW does not care. I have documents of this so I am prepared to talk to the PSC. Let's switch the tables around. How would they (TW) customers feel if someone did that to them and EL switches TW customers to EL without telling them?