spc
Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

RayGeode

join:2004-07-21
Norwalk, CT

[INFO] Who has direct tv?

Is it classified as satellite ? I can't find it anywhere on dslr. it's in norwalk, and includes internet. Anyone have it?

prashp1

join:2004-06-29
Danbury, CT

I have Directv and it's satellite. I have separate Internet with AT&T.

RayGeode

Norwalk, CT

Can I ask some questions as I can't find any reviews here.

Too small a group?

sirchief
Premium
join:2001-12-14
Cromwell, CT

You might want to try here:

»Cable & Satellite TV

RayGeode

Norwalk, CT

Thanks, all set now

Grumpy
Premium
join:2001-07-28
NW CT
reply to RayGeode

I have Dish. They boast 120 channels for my selection. I would have to believe that roughly 40 of those are infomercial crap, and another 40 are dupes. Or maybe it just just seems that way...

RayGeode

Norwalk, CT

i only watch a few, PBS 21, and 13, TCM, locals, any other free movie channel, and filipino.

I checked out the Direct TV discussion and it's all high end stuff. i just want a triple play for about $100 to hedge Cablevision's price creep after my initial year discounts expire. I pay $123 now.

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium
join:2005-03-14
Putnam, CT
kudos:4

I have DirecTV, dropped cable tv four years ago. We love it actually. Downside is in really heavy rain/snow the signal goes out for a few minutes, but for the picture quality and price it is worth it.

RayGeode

Norwalk, CT

Thanks

Rungel
Run A Mile Live Awhile
Premium
join:2001-12-05
CT
reply to RayGeode

If you get Dish.. be advised they dropped AMC..

Grumpy
Premium
join:2001-07-28
NW CT
reply to RayGeode

If it's not too late - consider the possibility of mounting the dish low on a building. It can allow for easy snow removal. Thanks to the installer, ours is four feet off the ground. As it is the back of the house, it doesn't look too odd there.

Rungel
Run A Mile Live Awhile
Premium
join:2001-12-05
CT
Reviews:
·Charter
·AT&T DSL Service

said by Grumpy:

If it's not too late - consider the possibility of mounting the dish low on a building. It can allow for easy snow removal. Thanks to the installer, ours is four feet off the ground. As it is the back of the house, it doesn't look too odd there.

That reminds me i need to buy one of those super soakers to spray the dish with..