uniqs
share rss forum feed

staticfree6

join:2002-08-03
United State
reply to Satch

Re: Time Warner Cable starts rolling out lightly refreshed guide

said by Satch:

What's the model number of the cable boxes in the home?

When you said:

"It's odd because my LG TV seems to have this audio gurgling sound now but when my HT receiver is fed the same HDMI signal from the Cisco cable box it does not seem affected.."

Is there another box, that isn't a Cisco model connected to the LG set?

Some things to try:

A cold reboot. Turn off box, unplug for 30 seconds, reboot, wait for time to appear on display. Observe audio over several days.

Are Audio Settings correct? Check to make sure the ODN 5.2.09 update did not change anything.

A new HDMI cable

Switch to Component Cables- (Make sure you change your box settings to reflect if you change.) Does that solve the audio problem?

A different model box?

Try these steps first to isolate the condition with the audio and report back the results if you are still having problems.

Satch

Hello Satch. The problem has been resolved after a power off and reboot of the TWC Cisco 4742HDC cable box. It apparently went bad after they automatically downloaded the new GUI software update rollout.

To answer your other questions for the sake of others that may run across this similar issue.

The model number of the cable box is Cisco 4742HDC.

There is no other cable box or other HDMI devices connected to the LG TV set.

The audio settings in the cable box were correct and okay (set to HDMI digital).

HDMI cable is fine.

The problem was resolved with a power off and reboot of the Cisco 4742HDC set top box. All channels now have normal good audio. No more distortion noises, digital static nor gurgling sound.

I am glad it was not the expensive LG TV set gone bad!
Thank You!

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY
kudos:11

1 recommendation

"The problem was resolved with a power off and reboot of the Cisco 4742HDC set top box. All channels now have normal good audio. No more distortion noises, digital static nor gurgling sound."

Reboots fix a lot!

Hob
--
"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson