All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
torontob
join:2012-08-12
North York, ON

torontob

Which wireless LTE sticks works with Bell Canada LTE?

Hi Everyone,

Bell Canada has the worst data sharing plan right. $15 for 24 month contract and $56 for device (including taxes). It's $10/month if device is bought for $224 (taxes included) and that is on monthly contract. So, I want to stay on monthly and yet not the wireless LTE stick from them in order to save money and also to get an unlocked device.

Can you tell me which wireless LTE devices work with Bell Canada and where I can source them? Apparently either of 700Mhz and 2600Mhz works with them.

Note: I am interested in Sierra 330U but can't find one online at good price.

Thanks
yyzlhr
join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr

The Huawei E397 will work. You can get it from Telus for $149.99 without contract plus a few extra dollars to get it unlocked. It doesn't support 2600mhz so the speeds may not be as fast as the 330U.

The 330U is a rock solid device. I have one myself and it is simply flawless. You probably won't find a deal anywhere aside form craigslist of kijiji.

cedqc418
@telus.com

cedqc418 to torontob

Anon

to torontob
BELL USE 1700 AWS FOR LTE ! 2600 MHZ IS JUST A BOOST IN SOME AREA !
zorxd
join:2010-02-05
Quebec, QC

zorxd

and 700 MHz will probably be used after the auction
ings
Premium Member
join:2004-12-22
Toronto, ON

ings to torontob

Premium Member

to torontob
So since this topic came up here ... does anyone know when Bell will offer an LTE Hub? The current Netgear Hub is HSPA+ only ... thinking about buying one this fall but don't want to buy it again six months later!
zorxd
join:2010-02-05
Quebec, QC

zorxd

You can either get a LTE stick and plug it on your own router (many have a USB port and you can install a 3rd party firmware) or you can get the LTE hotspot, which works just fine if all your devices are wireless.
Cloneman
join:2002-08-29
Montreal

Cloneman to torontob

to torontob
does bell have a 500$ maximum overage or something?

I would be scared to use LTE right now with a computer as a permanent solution
torontob
join:2012-08-12
North York, ON

torontob

I ended up with a Sierra 330U and it works fine except for I don't like the Mobile Connect software that comes with the stick.

Can anyone guide me to a dialup PPP connection and a way to disable the pop-up for Mobile Connect?

I think using Windows Dialup would be more robust.

Thanks