ctgreybeard
Old dogs can learn new tricks
Premium
join:2001-11-13
Bethel, CT
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to andyross

Re: [Signals] Just thought I's post some GOOD stats!

Well, you may be right. But Comcast isn't willing to come out to look at it at the moment. I suspect when the upstream bonding happens here they will be willing. Last summer I was suffering at 55-57dB with reboots galore to show for it. But they did send a truck and changed a tap (I think) in the amp. And recently they seem to have improved the downstream; I was getting a lot of correctables, 1,000's per day, and now it's barely a thousand or so a day. In fact, for the first few days of the last three weeks there were 0 correctables across the board.
--
Old dogs can learn new tricks!

pclover

join:2008-08-02
Santa Cruz, CA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to ctgreybeard

I would contact Comcast Steve if they wont send somebody out. 52 dBmV on the upstream is NOT! Okay. You are right on the boarder line of out of spec with the swings it could be going out of spec.

I have a 3 dB attenuator on my splitter so 6.5 dB of total attenuation.

Still no upgraded speed tiers in my area yet. Still on 16/2 Blast.

JigglyWiggly

join:2009-07-12
Pleasanton, CA

3 edits

you call those gud?
i have some very good signals here

pings are actually good
almost as good as DSL for games here in Merced Ca
i originally wanted to dorm just for the internet gigabit internet... but this is almost good enough, gj comcast. also noty to poop roomates who don't wash their hands after using the toilet

in pleasanton at my parents house
a lot more jitter, worse routing. Ah ye, gota love the consistency.
mediocre signals here

ps TC, your signals suck
not sure why you guys care unless it's screwing with your internet though. I want a stable netgraph in games with 0 jitter
quake live demands it >:|

Darknessfall
Premium
join:2012-08-17
kudos:6
Reviews:
·Comcast
·AT&T U-Verse

@ JigglyWiggly

ExoticFish

join:2008-08-31
Stuarts Draft, VA
reply to ctgreybeard

LoL
--
»www.VAJeeps.com

Darknessfall
Premium
join:2012-08-17
kudos:6
Reviews:
·Comcast
·AT&T U-Verse

>:(

I have no idea but I have horrible routing in my area for non Comcast servers. I have 44ish latency no matter if I'm connected to a Chicago or New York server : /. I even have about 40 latency pinging my something else in my house off Comcast's network :/.

- Sorry for derail

thatguyzp

join:2005-02-22
Smyrna, TN
reply to ctgreybeard

My modem stats, pretty decent I suppose, the connection is solid anyway.

JigglyWiggly

join:2009-07-12
Pleasanton, CA

1 edit
reply to Darknessfall

well
not as good as you guys...
but

but good enough
at pleasanton i get like 12ms jitter
what fail comcast

i think it's because i am at the end of the node or something, because my upstream power level is so low over there.
My friend when playing games who lives like a quarter of a mile from me gets 10ms less ping in games. But over there I have a DSL line so idc, I get lower ping than him with the powa of DSL. pfsense firewall rules are nice

Though just having 1 fiber connection would be ideal

Comcast steve said that jitter was normal
my ass
I want a flat netgraph, though my netgraph is pretty much flat here in Merced CA, so I'm happy.
What wud make me really happy is no cap and the 50->105 for free

n_w95482
Premium
join:2005-08-03
Ukiah, CA
reply to ctgreybeard

My modem's been running great since Comcast fixed my modem on my account. As far as I know, there's no splitters on my line, just RG-6 and RG-59 with one or two couplers. My modem's uptime is just over 11 days.

Woot!

--
KI6RIT