owlyn
Premium,MVM
join:2004-06-05
Newtown, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast

[CDV] PC Caller ID Fix Information

For those of you who have problems with Caller ID on the PC:

My ticket was escalated to National Tech Support, and this evening (Labor Day!) I got to speak with a tech who is actually working on the problem.

There is good news and bad news. The good news is Comcast is acutely aware of the problems. They are aware that it broke with a specific update, and what the symptoms are (disconnects, login box popping up, works/doesn't work).

The bad news is that Comcast didn't develop the program- it is a third party. The third party has been working on the problem and has submitted two fixes, but as we know, neither worked. The next fix isn't due until October (no date given).

There is also an associated problem if you have two phone numbers through Comcast.

I have the tech's direct phone number and work schedule, and I will check back with him in October and post whatever I find out.

plencnerb
Premium
join:2000-09-25
Carpentersville, IL
kudos:3
Well, that is good information. I have been wondering for a while what was going on with that.

I guess all I can say is to just keep us posted. I don't see the need for anyone us to push him, as its a 3rd party application, and they are working on the solution.

--Brian

plencnerb
Premium
Carpentersville, IL
reply to owlyn
I wanted to post a reply to this thread to see if there is any updates on the work being done to resolve the Caller-ID issue on the PC's.

While October does have 31 days in it, today is the 22nd. They still have 10 days (counting today and the last day) to produce an update in October.

Being a programmer myself, I know that unexpected things can come up, and milestones / timelines can slip. So, if they are having issues and there will not be an update in October, no big deal.

Was just looking for an update is all.

Thanks,

--Brian
--
============================
--Brian Plencner

E-Mail: CoasterBrian72Cancer@gmail.com
Note: Kill Cancer to Reply via e-mail

owlyn
Premium,MVM
Newtown, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast
I called my contact last week. He didn't have any additional useful information, but said he would check and get back to me. he said they almost had it working, but some recent system changes (the beginning of the rollout of the phone portability service) messed it up. I haven't heard anything further, and he is off today (Monday). I'll try to call him tomorrow evening.

owlyn
Premium,MVM
Newtown, PA
The fix is not ready for release yet. I will have another update by November 3rd.

plencnerb
Premium
Carpentersville, IL
Any update on this?

owlyn
Premium,MVM
Newtown, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 edit
I'll be talking to him tomorrow. I'll post back after. My personal opinion is that this isn't going to be fixed any time soon. If you look at the advertising, Comcast is emphasizing the TV and smartphone component, and starting to back away from the PC component. At least it seems so to me.

Anyway, as I said, I should be talking to him tomorrow. I am also meeting with the Comcast local government liason in December (I am affiliated with the local franchising authority), and I plan to bring this up to him as well.