BlitzenZeus
Burnt Out Cynic
Premium Member
join:2000-01-13

BlitzenZeus to conodigi

Premium Member

to conodigi

Re: there are good guys out there

Unless you get suckered into buying something like a Chinese knockoff, then yes they should be the same quality, but also research the phone if you can, like making sure it's not refurbished. I've worked for a carrier, and getting a refurbished phone can have more problems than your original phone, possibly making you exchange it multiple times. Some phones have a higher failure rate than others, like the original Motorola Razr was not picked up by other carriers as it had a 12% failure rate, 1/8 would fail, and they didn't find this acceptable. They later carried the phone, and it happened, customer service was flooded with upset customers having to exchange their phone, many more than once, and once that one year warranty was over they might have been left with a refurbished pos. Not to all all motos are bad, I have one I've had for almost a decade now, and still works to this day, however I did have to replace the battery.
conodigi
join:2003-07-16
Basking Ridge, NJ

conodigi

Thanks again for your response BlitzenZeus and Boomer 86.
I certainly don't want to buy a refurbished phone or Chinese knock-off, but is there a way to tell if the phone is either of these?
The sticker inside the phone says, "Designed and Engineered by Motorola" and "assembled in China." Also the back of the phone has "Motorola Engineering" engraved/ stamped into the plastic.
I will call the Co. I bought them from and see what they say.

brg
Premium Member
join:2001-01-03
Chicago, IL

brg

Premium Member

^^^ (you know, of course, that a brand-new U.S. iPhone 4S would say essentially the same thing: "Designed and Engineered by Apple in Cupertino, CA -- assembled in China")
conodigi
join:2003-07-16
Basking Ridge, NJ

conodigi

^ Yes. However, something that is built for Apple will be constructed to a certain (supposedly high) standard of quality. You know what you are getting. But are all Motorola phones built to the same standard?

brg
Premium Member
join:2001-01-03
Chicago, IL

brg

Premium Member

DOn't know for sure, but MOTO is no slouch. It's been involved in radio and cell phones far longer than Apple. And now: It's Google!