spc
uniqs

stet
Volitar Prime
join:2002-03-08
Utica, MI

stet to NuclearXP9

to NuclearXP9

Re: Anyone ditching WOW Ultra TV equip. for Ceton?

Can you watch VOD with it?
mogamer
join:2011-04-20
Royal Oak, MI

mogamer

said by stet:

Can you watch VOD with it?

With six tuners and enough HDD space, who needs VOD? You can record everything you would want to watch. You can always rent from Amazon, iTunes or Vudu for the new releases.

stet
Volitar Prime
join:2002-03-08
Utica, MI

stet

said by mogamer:

With six tuners and enough HDD space, who needs VOD? You can record everything you would want to watch. You can always rent from Amazon, iTunes or Vudu for the new releases.

We have 6 tuners now with Ultra TV and my wife still spends about half of her TV time watching VOD. There is a lot of past season TV shows on it that she catches up on which are not currently airing so we can't record them with the DVR. And I'm not a fan of having to subscribe to Netflix or other pay/month service for this.

Because of this I really wish that WOW had more HD VOD.

Also, it is because of this that I had to give up Dish for WOW in the first place when she moved in.

So unfortunately for me, no VOD means I can't consider it.
sparkydm
join:2012-05-10

sparkydm

I don't think my troops have really dove into VOD yet. I'm praying that they don't! Can it be blocked?
mogamer
join:2011-04-20
Royal Oak, MI

mogamer to stet

to stet
said by stet:

said by mogamer:

We have 6 tuners now with Ultra TV and my wife still spends about half of her TV time watching VOD. There is a lot of past season TV shows on it that she catches up on which are not currently airing so we can't record them with the DVR. And I'm not a fan of having to subscribe to Netflix or other pay/month service for this.

Because of this I really wish that WOW had more HD VOD.

Also, it is because of this that I had to give up Dish for WOW in the first place when she moved in.

So unfortunately for me, no VOD means I can't consider it.

How far back does WOW! VOD go for series episodes. I can't imagine more than a year or so. I've noticed with my mom's WOW! stb, that there are a lot of newer movies available. With Netflix you can go back all the way to the start of the series.

I currently have Dish for my tv service and Netflix is well worth that extra $8 per month. A less expensive option than going up a tier or going with a provider who has a lot of VOD (Comcast or UVerse for example).

troubleagain
@wideopenwest.com

troubleagain to stet

Anon

to stet
said by stet:

There is a lot of past season TV shows on it that she catches up on which are not currently airing so we can't record them with the DVR.

I hope she doesn't run in to a missing episode. Happens all the time, there will be episode 1, 2, 3, 5, 7 etc. (no episode 4 or 6). It may show up or it may not. I've wasted several phone calls trying to get WOW to understand this problem only to be told they use a third party for VOD so they have no control over it. Huh?

The one I particularly remember is the last episode of the first season of Boardwalk Empire took several weeks to show up. At least it did, there's plenty that never do. HBO specifically says "the program you have just seen will be available on demand starting tomorrow". With WOW it may take weeks. I know this issue doesn't happen with Comcast's VOD.