All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
Grappler
join:2002-09-01
Ottawa, ON

Grappler to milnoc

to milnoc

Re: Incompetent technician cut off my Internet!

said by milnoc:

Bullshit. You make a mistake, you must make reparations for that mistake. That's the ethical thing to do.

Unless they send the same INCOMPETENT technician, at which point I'll refuse them entry. I've already warned TekSavvy about this.

I guess then you will not get connected as you will be refusing entry to all the technicians that will be sent. (you already stated you cannot identify the technician)

Do not confuse ethical with legal.

milnoc
join:2001-03-05
Ottawa

milnoc

said by Grappler:

I guess then you will not get connected as you will be refusing entry to all the technicians that will be sent. (you already stated you cannot identify the technician)

Do not confuse ethical with legal.

I don't know his name, but I do know what he looks like.

And if a company uses legal means to behave unethically, what does that say about the entire organisation?

Andre, the tech is scheduled to show up tomorrow morning. Hopefully.

If service isn't restored, I'll have to reconsider doing business with your company. Losing service like this due to blatant INCOMPETENCE is simply unacceptable.

Or maybe MALICIOUS INTENT. "Breaking" a customer's existing connection while working on another customer's connection would be a neat little way for a subcontracted technician to get repeated service calls (and service call payments) to the same building address.

LazMan
Premium Member
join:2003-03-26
Beverly Hills, CA

1 edit

LazMan

Premium Member

said by milnoc:

And if a company uses legal means to behave unethically, what does that say about the entire organisation?

If service isn't restored, I'll have to reconsider doing business with your company. Losing service like this due to blatant INCOMPETENCE is simply unacceptable.

Or maybe MALICIOUS INTENT. "Breaking" a customer's existing connection while working on another customer's connection would be a neat little way for a subcontracted technician to get repeated service calls (and service call payments) to the same building address.

Wow - tin foil hat's on a little tight today, isn't it?

A BTS tech pulls a jumper with no dial-tone - on an non-standard installed service (you said they previously ran a direct drop from the JWI, as the wiring in your MDU's messed), and suddenly it's "malicious intent"?!?

To be honest, while it's a pain in the ass to be without internet, you're really starting to sound like the kind of customer company's don't mind losing. Threatening to sue, talking about mal intent, and generally being wound for sound...

If you legitimately need an internet connection to do business; then pay for a business service - they come with SLA's, priority repairs, etc, etc - but that service level comes with an appropriate cost.

I'm not trying to defend Bell (TSI pretty much doesn't have a horse in the race, other then being stuck in the middle) - but you're making a mountain out of a mole-hill, IMO...

battleop
join:2005-09-28

battleop

"you're really starting to sound like the kind of customer company's don't mind losing."

I am so glad I do not have to deal with residential users anymore....

milnoc
join:2001-03-05
Ottawa

milnoc

If I had my choice, I would have gone with Cogent. Three years at my datacenter, only two interruptions, you pay by speed only (no caps), and surprisingly less expensive than residential DSL.

Heck, their monitoring systems managed to detect the times when MY system went down!
Expand your moderator at work