spc
uniqs
prokkos
join:2003-11-14
Holmdel, NJ

prokkos to telcodad

to telcodad

Re: Another Monmouth County NJ Update

Thanks for the update. Looks like Comcast still has not updated to bring in multi room DVR into my area. Given that they still charge much more than FIOS for comparable service, as much as I like the iPad live TV app capabilities, its not worth switching until they catch up in that respect.

telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

said by prokkos:

Thanks for the update. Looks like Comcast still has not updated to bring in multi room DVR into my area.

Yes, the "AnyRoom" DVR service requires On-Screen Guide 2.0, which hasn't been deployed in this area yet, but hopefully will be available sometime soon.
TurboDan
join:2006-06-08
Lavallette, NJ

TurboDan to prokkos

to prokkos
said by prokkos:

Thanks for the update. Looks like Comcast still has not updated to bring in multi room DVR into my area. Given that they still charge much more than FIOS for comparable service, as much as I like the iPad live TV app capabilities, its not worth switching until they catch up in that respect.

You're correct. Actually, since they're dragging their feet on S26, we don't have ANY capabilities involving MyDVR or the iPhone apps. But we certainly pay for them even if we can't use them. Great customer service, huh?

As an aside, for what it's worth, the SA/Cisco boxes are actually considered by many to be more advanced and capable than the comparable Motorola boxes. It's not the boxes themselves, but the company that owns them. Comcast could have given us all of the Moto services years ago, but they chose not to. The only thing they don't forget about in the SA areas is the monthly bill - which is the same price as everywhere else for fewer services.

If I had FiOS available to me, I'd subscribe on principle alone. Comcast's business model consists of all of the worst traits of a monopolistic, price-gouging, company. When a company has to put a glass divider in between the public and its employees at its offices, you know things are bad.
Russ6
join:2011-03-17
Houston, TX

Russ6 to telcodad

to telcodad
said by telcodad:

said by prokkos:

Thanks for the update. Looks like Comcast still has not updated to bring in multi room DVR into my area.

Yes, the "AnyRoom" DVR service requires On-Screen Guide 2.0, which hasn't been deployed in this area yet, but hopefully will be available sometime soon.

I don't think it will be "soon." NJ is NOT publically scheduled for On-Screen Guide 2.0 or 3.0 for this year. The most likely time frame will be in 2013. Comcast schedules are subject to change.

telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

1 edit

telcodad

MVM

Well "soon" is a relative term, especially when talking with respect to the usual Comcast timescales.

I will be happy to just get the update to version S26 by the end of this year!
Russ6
join:2011-03-17
Houston, TX

Russ6

said by telcodad:

Well "soon" is a relative term, especially when talking with respect to the usual Comcast timescales.

I will be happy to just get the update to version S26 by the end of this year!

+1

Houston was scheduled to get On-Screen Guide 2.0 with AnyRoom DVR fumctionality last month (August 2012), but that didn't happen and now it is TBD (To Be Determined). Hopefully it will be by the end of this year.

mikedz4
join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV

mikedz4 to TurboDan

to TurboDan
it would cost too much to rebuild each plant that is cisco to be motorola.
Eventually though hopefully everyone will be able to use the same box whether they are cisco or motorola.