Premium Member
join:2009-01-07
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone to nikmagid

Premium Member

to nikmagid

Re: GW2: So what's the verdict?

said by nikmagid:

well, if i could play it for more than 15 minutes without my video card crashing, i'll let you know how it is.

Make sure you go on Amazon and give it a 1 star review because of this.
nikmagid
join:2001-04-19
Los Angeles, CA

nikmagid

they should have waited to release this until they were sure about the video card bugs. they even tell you to install a "beta" version of the nvidia drivers because they work better with this version.

puppy
join:2010-01-28
San Diego, CA

puppy

They should at least give you a "medium" level in the "graphics quality" dropdown. There's "best appearance" (everything high) and "best performance" (everything low) and "auto detect", which put everything at high for me but sometimes in big cities/events I would be fine at medium but not high, and low is like watercolors paint.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
join:2009-01-07
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone

Premium Member

said by puppy:

They should at least give you a "medium" level in the "graphics quality" dropdown. There's "best appearance" (everything high) and "best performance" (everything low) and "auto detect", which put everything at high for me but sometimes in big cities/events I would be fine at medium but not high, and low is like watercolors paint.

You can manually set everything to medium if you want. You don't only have the auto detect option to use.

puppy
join:2010-01-28
San Diego, CA

puppy

Yar I know, but 95% of the time I run great on "best", then all of a sudden I go into flip page mode, and it's hard to do 10 dropdowns to mediums while there's all this combat going on XD

Have to give them kudos for being able to change res on the fly though without client/screen reloading. Now I just go low mode until the event is over then back to high.