uniqs
TurboDan
join:2006-06-08
Lavallette, NJ

TurboDan to prokkos

to prokkos

Re: Another Monmouth County NJ Update

said by prokkos:

Thanks for the update. Looks like Comcast still has not updated to bring in multi room DVR into my area. Given that they still charge much more than FIOS for comparable service, as much as I like the iPad live TV app capabilities, its not worth switching until they catch up in that respect.

You're correct. Actually, since they're dragging their feet on S26, we don't have ANY capabilities involving MyDVR or the iPhone apps. But we certainly pay for them even if we can't use them. Great customer service, huh?

As an aside, for what it's worth, the SA/Cisco boxes are actually considered by many to be more advanced and capable than the comparable Motorola boxes. It's not the boxes themselves, but the company that owns them. Comcast could have given us all of the Moto services years ago, but they chose not to. The only thing they don't forget about in the SA areas is the monthly bill - which is the same price as everywhere else for fewer services.

If I had FiOS available to me, I'd subscribe on principle alone. Comcast's business model consists of all of the worst traits of a monopolistic, price-gouging, company. When a company has to put a glass divider in between the public and its employees at its offices, you know things are bad.

mikedz4
join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV

mikedz4

it would cost too much to rebuild each plant that is cisco to be motorola.
Eventually though hopefully everyone will be able to use the same box whether they are cisco or motorola.