share rss forum feed

Nezmo
The name's Bond. James Bond.
Premium,MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX
kudos:1
reply to Alcohol

Re: Sept. 12 invites for iPhone 5? release...

said by Alcohol:

said by haroldo:

they have bazillions because they outsource...what ever they're doing...they're doing right and they shouldn't change a thing

Exactly. Why should Americans care about the inferior chinese children. Let them suffer as long as we get our new toys on time.

.. and Apple get's their profits and shareholders get their slice.
--
My Gallery
Formerly Nezmo

Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ
reply to bobrk

said by bobrk:

Frankly I'm sad they're calling it the 5. I thought they would do New iPhone like they did with the last iPad.

Most people I know call the "New iPad" iPad 3
--
[65 Arcanist]Filan(High Elf) Zone: Broadband Reports

bobrk
You kids get offa my lawn
Premium
join:2000-02-02
San Jose, CA
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET

said by Kearnstd:

said by bobrk:

Frankly I'm sad they're calling it the 5. I thought they would do New iPhone like they did with the last iPad.

Most people I know call the "New iPad" iPad 3

True, but not Apple.

Alcohol
Premium
join:2003-05-26
Climax, MI
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Alcohol

said by Alcohol:

said by HiVolt:

Apple has bazillions... Why don't they build their own factory, their own fab plant? 100 billion in cash buys a lot...

Building a factory doesn't make sense, but they should look at how the auto industry manages their suppliers in asia. It's very systematic. They have random visits to their suppliers (suppliers only find out on the morning of). Even if the supplier isn't exclusively doing your products, they still get to dictate working conditions and safety standards.. Or they lose their contract.

Ofcourse the working conditions are a lot harsher for the auto industry but I don't see why Apple can't keep a team in China that monitors Foxxcon.

Chinese kids are being pulled out of school to work on the iphone. There is no way Apple doesn't know about this. But i'm sure their PR team is going to spread the same bullshit lies like they always do.

Looks like the number is 32,000 children if anyone wants an update to the story.

»www.forbes.com/sites/petercohan/···-school/
--
I found the key to success but somebody changed the lock.

Thaler
Premium
join:2004-02-02
Los Angeles, CA
kudos:3

Customers probably just want to know when their phones will arrive.

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
join:2006-12-28
Allendale, NJ
reply to haroldo

Can't wait for tomorrow!

Duramax08
To The Moon
Premium
join:2008-08-03
San Antonio, TX
reply to haroldo

Can someone make this the official thread to keep everything nice n tidy?
--
(Insert political rant here)

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR

I'm sure duplicate threads will be locked (if you need to, click on the "hey mods" link at the bottom of the post that starts a new thread)...
--
♬ Music is life ♬

Homunculus
Pipsquack
Premium
join:2000-12-14
Dar al-Harb
reply to Nezmo

said by Nezmo:

Yup, so the pin connector change is just a way to make a boat load of more cash. $10 for an adapter. $19 for a cable? I'll start greasing now for this shafting I guess.

I shouldn't pre-judge but I'm having a hard time seeing how an adapter will work in accessories where the iPhone sits in the device. Surely now the thing will sit up higher and maybe not even fit at all. I guess if rumours are true that the phone width is unchanged problems may be limited but that adapter must have to take up space.

I realize things have to change sometimes but when Apple has the ecosystem wrapped-up and then does something like this it smells to me. Telling me it allows for another 0.1mm reduction in phone width ain't gonna fly.

Wouldn't it be funny if the "new adapter" thing was part of their disinformation campaign... But I doubt it. Sigh.
--
“When fascism comes to America, it will come wrapped in the flag and waving a cross”

Riamen
Premium
join:2002-11-04
Calgary
reply to Alcohol

said by Alcohol:

Looks like the number is 32,000 children if anyone wants an update to the story.

The article says 'students' not 'children'. The NY Times article linked in your link suggests the students are young adults.

Black_Mage
Premium
join:2012-09-12
USA
Reviews:
·Windstream
reply to haroldo

I'll be happy with whatever is released because my main reason for getting the iPhone 5 is to jump back to Sprint. They've always been good to me. Unlimited data, here I come! The only reason I went with ATT is I wanted an iPhone. I'm also looking forward to being able to hold my phone any way I want without a case

Duramax08
To The Moon
Premium
San Antonio, TX
reply to Duramax08

and the apple store is down 8:00am central time

»store.apple.com
--

mromero
Premium
join:2000-12-07
The O.C.

»www.apple.com/search/?q=iphone-5···l&geo=us

»www.apple.com/pr/library/2012/09···e-5.html

lol ...someone was a little trigger happy?

Duramax08
To The Moon
Premium
San Antonio, TX

1 recommendation

Duramax08
To The Moon
Premium
San Antonio, TX

Click for full size
and new itunes today too.....
--

Duramax08
To The Moon
Premium
San Antonio, TX

Click for full size
oh god theres more! the horror!
--

Black_Mage
Premium
USA
reply to haroldo

Live stream of the event

»techpp.com/2011/09/27/watch-ipho···-online/

Mike
Premium,Mod
join:2000-09-17
Pittsburgh, PA
reply to haroldo

16, 32, 64?

Or are we getting the big boy pants with 32, 64, 128?

Octavean
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY
reply to haroldo

Shut up and take my money,…!!!

Black_Mage
Premium
USA
reply to Mike

Thanks to a breakthrough in 3 dimensional memory storage, they are now offering 160, 320, or 640 Gigabyte iPhone 5 models.

Alcohol
Premium
join:2003-05-26
Climax, MI
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Riamen

said by Riamen:

said by Alcohol:

The article says 'students' not 'children'. The NY Times article linked in your link suggests the students are young adults.

You're right. I assumed students were young from this line in the article

As Lindstrom concluded, you love your iPhone and if JP Morgan Chase is right, eight million of you won’t let a little thing — like costing 32,000 Chinese students their education — keep you from spending $600 to smear your fingerprints all over your loved one’s glass screen.
--
I found the key to success but somebody changed the lock.

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium
join:2005-03-14
Putnam, CT

Was late to the party, already posted.

haroldo

join:2004-01-16
united state
reply to haroldo

said by haroldo:

said by HiVolt:

I wish the contracts here were 2 years... All the freakin blood sucking companies here that offer the iPhone are 3 year contracts... Or purchase outright from Apple at $650+

The "blood sucking companies" (???) are giving you a great deal.
It's the manufacturer that sets the price...NOT the telcos...

Saw this in a David Pogue blog

quote:
...The $200 is just a down payment. You’ll pay off the rest through the remaining months of your contract with Verizon, AT&T, Sprint or whatever. By signing a two-year contract, you’re agreeing to reimburse the carrier over time.

Therefore, it’s not greed or price-gouging for AT&T to charge existing iPhone customers more than it charges new customers for the new iPhone.

Now, you might well argue: “Well, hey, how long does it take me to pay off my subsidized phone? Surely not the entire two years!”

You’re right. It’s somewhere between 12 and 24 months. Why does it vary? Because different people are on different plans. Some people pay $70 a month, some pay $150, whatever. The more you pay each month, the faster AT&T recoups the phone’s real cost.

Once AT&T has recouped the full price of the older iPhone, you are “upgrade eligible.” You can now buy a new phone at the new-customer price. At that point, the cycle begins anew. (And by the way, yes, you’ll face the same issue in June 2011 or whenever the next iPhone model appears.)...
»pogue.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/06/···stomers/

Thaler
Premium
join:2004-02-02
Los Angeles, CA
kudos:3

Thought that was pretty common knowledge...and also why prepaids are the more cost-effective deal in the long run. A $200 phone and $40/month for 2 years is a cheaper deal than a $200 phone at $80-90/month for 2 years [$(80-40) x 24 months = $960 price difference]. Even if you amazingly get retail trade-in value for your iPhone, it's not near the difference that going postpaid cost you.