kwbelt1

join:2006-06-03
Marion, IL
Mine has been fine all day.

JW

@mchsi.com
reply to MediacomChad
said by MediacomChad:

Hrm, I am showing multiple updates to the ticket so I am not sure what the reps were looking at when you called in

Then either you're outright lying, it's been updated after the fact, or you guys are actually so bad at what you do that your support agents don't even get to see the same ticket you do. I called in every 30 minutes for 7 straight hours, and everyone I talked to said "that's strange that the ticket hasn't even been updated," which then turned into "but you know what's even worse around here..." Heck, I called in so many times for updates yesterday that the agents just started telling me "there's no update to the ticket" before even asking for my name, address, and last 4.

One of your agents also said that you guys don't even run much Cisco stuff - that it's all just old Solaris boxes - which is what causes most of these outages. It all looks like a bad joke to us out here though, regardless of the reason.

Anyway, good to know MedicomChad is just part of the same old spin team.

K M

@myvzw.com
reply to MediacomChad
Our Mediacom broadband has been out since early Wednesday. We're on the west side of Carbondale. I've called tech support three times. Each time I spoke with Mediacom employees in India, each of whom says that the problem is with my computer (which works fine when plugged into the SIU broadband network).

I'm not using a router.

I 'power cycled' the computer and modem several times. The modem is on and the computer recognizes it, but I'm getting an IP address of 169.xx ..., which apparently is problematic.

Does anyone have a *local* Mediacom telephone number one can call (on Monday)? The Mediacom employees in India are nice but unhelpful.

Thanks.

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium,VIP
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL
kudos:121
Hello K M,

I will be happy to look into the connection issues you are currently having. Can you send me an IM with your account or phone number?

David Wong

join:2010-03-02
Chicago, IL
reply to David Wong
Down again.

There was another outage on Sept 14th, so the score is area-wide, long-term outages on:

Aug 16
Aug 28
Sept 4
Sept 14
Sept 28

This is inexcusable.

David Wong

Chicago, IL
reply to David Wong
Please note that the previous four outages were referred to by Mediacom as a "fiber cut." Their fiber was cut four times in 28 days. Be interesting to hear if this is a fifth.

David Wong

Chicago, IL
reply to David Wong
Yep, they're saying ETA is three hours. Wow.

Is there anyone from Mediacom who can read this who has permission to speak about what is really going on with the hardware in the area? Anyone at all?

JTR

join:2012-05-19
Carbondale, IL
Reviews:
·Mediacom
reply to David Wong
said by David Wong:

Please note that the previous four outages were referred to by Mediacom as a "fiber cut." Their fiber was cut four times in 28 days. Be interesting to hear if this is a fifth.

Frontier used to use the same excuse... I'm fairly certain that either it's bullshit, or these fiber cables are strung across busy roads at head level with big signs on them saying "HIT ME".

kwbelt1

join:2006-06-03
Marion, IL
reply to David Wong
Guess what happened about 2 hours ago? They can call this outage "System Maintenance" instead of a fiber cut.