how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

mcf57

join:2006-08-17
Cumming, GA

[Hardware] Is the Belkin F5L009 Network USB Hub finally W7 compa

I have had a Belkin F5L009 Network USB Hub for years and while it has worked good for the most part, Belkin has NEVER provided Windows 7 drivers for this device. Therefore, I have been unable to use it with a W7 laptop I have & strictly with my XP desktop machines.

However, I recently saw an ebay auction selling this product and claiming its Windows 7 compatible. Has there finally been a solution to allow this product to work with Windows 7 based PCs? If so how.

And here is the ebay auction I am referring to:

»www.ebay.com/itm/BELKIN-5-PORT-N···k%3D1%26

mcf57

join:2006-08-17
Cumming, GA

3 edits

Re: [Hardware] Is the Belkin F5L009 Network USB Hub finally W7 c

Well, I found a solution to the problem. I asked the ebay poster of this auction about its compatibility with Windows 7. They informed me that the older & original driver CD that comes with this unit is indeed Windows 7 compatible & not the drivers to download from the Belkin website.

I did not know this and was actually able to locate the original driver CD that came with my unit. Installed it on a Windows 7 (64bit) machine & it installed with no issues. Ran the network utility as needed and it worked perfectly. I now have network access to my USB drives like I did before with my XP machines.