Search similar:

uniqs
cmthru
join:2005-03-19
Germantown, MD

cmthru to altermatt

to altermatt

Re: Yet again E-mail VERY slow

Just want to chime in from Maryland. Very slow here as well. Takes close to 90 seconds to retrieve a 14kb email. Seems to vary throughout the day and night. Sometimes it's up to speed and minutes later back to a slower than snails pace.

Pureblood
'Let's Go Brandon'
Premium Member
join:2000-10-18
PorkRoll NJ

1 edit

Pureblood to altermatt

Premium Member

to altermatt
My concern now is if the outbound mail isn't reaching the destination. I sent two emails last week and to an existing (long time) contact and was advised neither were received. It is starting to look another VZ special…..

Edit: typo

altermatt
Premium Member
join:2004-01-22
White Plains, NY

altermatt

Premium Member

Again today

Just in case it helps anyone coming here, the slowdowns/timing outs are happening again today. Either total time out or verrrrry slow in connecting and then downloading much of the afternoon. It's now almost 6 pm and still very slow.
cmthru
join:2005-03-19
Germantown, MD

cmthru to altermatt

to altermatt

Re: Yet again E-mail VERY slow

Email sort of cleared up for a few days. But now it's inconsistent again. Regardless of the time of day downloading multiple emails at once some will come though at high speed and some extremely slow.

altermatt
Premium Member
White Plains, NY

altermatt

Premium Member

said by cmthru:

Regardless of the time of day

I can say that over the last week or so, it's been very clear that the slowdowns are much worrnoon, as someone had posted earlier in this thread. And they continue, albeit only occassionally now, not consistently. It's extremely annoying watching the hourglass while waiting for mail to come down, and then timing out. Yet still absolutely no acknowledgement from VZ.

Has anyone here actually spoken to someone from VZ who has confirmed the issue, and maybe given some idea if they are even working on it?
thetick
join:2009-06-22
White Plains, NY

thetick

I'm seeing very slow response. The web interface is fast so I'm using that and just leave my Thunderbird email program always running. It eventually gets new emails.
Major Tom
join:2002-04-05
Newark, DE

Major Tom to altermatt

to altermatt
Same problem in Delaware for the last 2 weeks. Have 2 accounts, use to take 2-3 seconds to check now takes up to a minute or times out. Hope this gets fixed soon.
McBane
join:2008-08-22
Wylie, TX

McBane

I'm glad I run my own mail server on my FiOS. Speedy as can be.

altermatt
Premium Member
White Plains, NY

altermatt

Premium Member

Unbearably slow for much of today, with short periods of everything working fine. Not just afternoon---it was timing out this morning, too.
altermatt

altermatt

Premium Member

THIS IS RIDICULOUS. Email continues to time out or come down extremely slowly, now more often than not. When this started, it was occasional, and many here reported noticing it mostly in the late afternoon. Now, at least for me, it is happening throughout the day, with VERY rare occasions when it works right. It either times out or hangs for a long time and then retrieves the mail. I can usually eventually get the mail, but often after two or three time-outs.

Is anyone at VZ listening? Are others still noticing this or is it just me now? I'm seeing a lot of posts more recently about slowdowns in internet (which I'm not noticing much) but not specifically about email anymore. Would love to hear from others if you are noticing this.
ronsc1985
join:2004-07-07
Manassas, VA

ronsc1985 to altermatt

to altermatt
It has been slow here also. Today it isn't working at all and returns a message saying we are having technical difficulties error 14.

Does Verizon employ anyone in their software operations who has any idea about what they are doing? This plus the problems with the STB slowdowns will make me reconsider when renewal time comes.

It's really a shame. They have excellent hardware technology and continually screw it up with inferior software personnel.

If this offends anyone working in Verizon software good. Maybe they will be motivated to get their act together.

altermatt
Premium Member
White Plains, NY

altermatt

Premium Member

Oddly, after WEEKS of horrific performance, shortly after I posted the last tirade, it got better! And remains normal early this morning---time will tell. Hard to believe someone at VZ actually might have listened, but...

matcarl
Premium Member
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl

Premium Member

It must be affecting different areas because mine also got better over the last week. But I feel the pain for whoever is now experiencing it.

John97
Over The Hills And Far Away
Premium Member
join:2000-11-14
Spring Hill, FL

John97

Premium Member

My email didn't work right for 3 days after the "outage" was supposedly fixed. Then I could receive but not send. Then it eventually started working again. It was great for a few days but now it sucks again. It errors out half of the time when receiving.

altermatt
Premium Member
White Plains, NY

altermatt

Premium Member

Yup, MUCH better here the last few days, but every once in a while, the same timeouts, with the addition of some sending wonkiness, which I hadn't seen before. But greatly improved from the recent level, which reached almost total unusability.

Oddly, it seemed to start improving just after I posted my last complaint, making me wonder if someone from VZ actually reads this forum!

gsuburban
@verizon.net

gsuburban

Anon

This email server bandwidth issue has been on going (in my area Los Angeles, CA) since about mid-September 2012. I noticed at that time the authentication or hand shake between desktop and incoming.verizon.net, which is located in Plano, Texas, was taking more time to sync and finally allow data to flow. It progress worse toward the end of Sep 2012 and then, I believe, the first week of Oct 2012, the VZ email servers finally crashed. They had confirmed when I called they had a large issues that may take a week to fix. Since that time, connectivity has been below average and download speeds (email only) have been half of the fios line speed. Last week, I called to file my concern and nothing really got done I found out later as someone closed the ticket. I reopened a new ticket about 5 days ago and got a numbskull telling me large emails are not supported. I told him he was from the dial up days and needed to understand email is a way of life and since the 1990's email sizes have progressively been provisioned to accept, in Verizon's case, a maximum of 20MB per email and up to 2 GB mail box size. Since that time, last Sunday 10-21-12, all internet came to crawl and email was out 100% once again. Filed another trouble ticket and was told fix will take 24 hrs.

Well, 28 hrs later and another phone call, all that got fixed was the internet (100%) and email now was coming in but less than 50 mbps up to 2000 mbps on a 15.0/5. Fios connection.

For some reason, Vz doesn't think their email is supposed to down and up speed at the same rates as the Fios connection. I asked them, well if that's so, why would anyone pay for a faster connection if they wouldn't expect fast email uploads and downloads?

As of today, 10-22-12, email uploads 100% but only downloads 50% of line speed at best. I have to agree, those tech with Vz email servers are not reachable and all the CS folks with 800# get no where with them. Same old story, the customers computer or email client software is the problem. Funny how they says these things but where I tell them, the same performance applys to my Verizon cell phone and 5 other wired computers, I don't agree.