spc
Search similar:

uniqs
IONEX
join:2001-12-09
Tarrytown, NY

IONEX

U-Verse Promo Pricing

I am thinking of dumping Charter now that U-verse has Longhorn Network. If I get U200 with 3 boxes and HD it comes out to $68 a month for first six months and then goes up to $96. The $68 is right around what I pay Charter, so have people had good experience getting another promotion applied after 6 months? I used to have AT&T DSL with year long promotions and you would call at the end of every year and get a new one applied. Does it work the same way for U-verse as DSL or will there be no way of getting around paying $96 in month 7?

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS

MVM

said by IONEX:

I used to have AT&T DSL with year long promotions and you would call at the end of every year and get a new one applied. Does it work the same way for U-verse as DSL or will there be no way of getting around paying $96 in month 7?

I don't know for certain. I was unable to shake loose any additional promotional prices after SBC bought AT&T.

oneoone
join:2010-01-20
North Hollywood, CA

oneoone to IONEX

to IONEX
Ive had the service for 2 years now and havent had any problems getting promos added (free set top box's, premiums, discounts etc).

ArgMeMatey
join:2001-08-09
Milwaukee, WI

ArgMeMatey to IONEX

to IONEX
said by IONEX:

Does it work the same way for U-verse as DSL or will there be no way of getting around paying $96 in month 7?

I did that all the time with my AT&T ADSL service. However when I "upgraded" to U-verse internet only, I got a one-year promo deal and they would not do any retention deals beyond that.

They may be more flexible with TV service. You can't count on anything in an unregulated marketplace, however, so the strategy I've chosen is to make it very easy to switch back and forth between AT&T and Time Warner.

Forosnai
join:2011-09-30

Forosnai to IONEX

to IONEX
It's an industry standard poker game. Arm yourself with the competors offer and be ready to switch when deal expires and your free from excessive disconnect fees. If you carry high profit margin services and don't cost the provider an excess in support the better the offer will be.
PowerMac
join:2011-03-02
Anaheim, CA

PowerMac to IONEX

to IONEX
Also if you get Uverse internet, At&t will attach $6 gateway rental fee.
reno1217
join:2011-05-01

reno1217

not exactly true... i own the gateway att sent me and i dont pay a 6 dollar fee per month

of course i had to pay 100 bucks for it.. one rep told me it was the cost of the gateway and another rep told me that was false it was a deposit for service? who knows.. all i know is it is my gateway now and i do not have a 6 dollar fee

ArgMeMatey
join:2001-08-09
Milwaukee, WI

ArgMeMatey

You buy the 3600HGV for $100. It's for internet and internet plus VOIP only. You keep it after you discontinue service. I've got one boxed up in my basement.

If you get TV service with the 3800, you avoid installation fees. But then when you discontinue TV and keep internet, you still pay rent for the box. At that point you can probably pony up $100 for a 3600 and return the 3800.

Darknessfall
Premium Member
join:2012-08-17
Motorola MG8725
Asus RT-N66

Darknessfall to NormanS

Premium Member

to NormanS
We just canceled U-verse Internet and they gave us U300(Up from U200) for $66 with a DVR +2 Receivers for 6 months with all the extra packages free except for HBO/Cinemax and Unlimited phone for $5 off for 6 months for $30. They even told us to call back and redo it once it ends . I think if you have TV they want to try to keep you as hard as they can.

So right now we have U300 + Most packages + Unlimited phone for $96.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS

MVM

said by Darknessfall:

We just canceled U-verse Internet and they gave us U300(Up from U200) for $66 with a DVR +2 Receivers for 6 months with all the extra packages free except for HBO/Cinemax and Unlimited phone for $5 off for 6 months for $30. They even told us to call back and redo it once it ends . I think if you have TV they want to try to keep you as hard as they can.

So my mistake was to not have an IPTV connection to cancel. I guess they couldn't care less about those too far from a VRAD to get it.

I am not a "cord cutter"; I have never had a cord to cut. So no deals for me; at least not from AT&T. I have crossed the fence to the "other pasture", and it really is greener!