share rss forum feed

jmn1207
Premium
join:2000-07-19
Ashburn, VA
kudos:1
reply to skeechan

Re: Password keeper

Absolutely, although I've never run into this problem in well over a year of use.

»lastpass.com/support.php?cmd=showfaq&id=1206

Da Geek Kid

join:2003-10-11
::1
reply to haroldo

another +1 for 1password

tmpchaos
Requiescat in pace
Co-Lead Mod
join:2000-04-28
Hoboken, NJ
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to haroldo

Passing along (contact me for code):

Special Offer – AgileBits 1Password and more: 25% Discount
Too many passwords to remember? 1Password 3 for Mac is a password manager that goes beyond simple password storage by integrating directly with your web browser to automatically log you into websites, enter credit card information, fill registration forms, and easily generate strong passwords.

As an Apple user group member, you are entitled to get new licenses of 1Password for Mac at 25% below the normal retail price. You also get a 25% discount on new licenses for everything else in the AgileBits store.

--
***ATMFAQ***DIFAQ***Kitchen Sink***

haroldo

join:2004-01-16
united state

So there's 1Password, 1Password Pro and 1Password 3?
Any other iterations?
What does 3 get you that pro doesn't?
Thanks!

vukodlak75
Nisam Ti Dude
Premium,MVM
join:2001-10-27
Willoughby, OH

1 recommendation

1Password 3 is the desktop app for OS X
1Password Pro is iOS app that works on all iDevices.

I have been using 1Password for 2+ years.

haroldo

united state

thanks!
so I'll need both 1PW3 and 1PWPro, right?

Da Geek Kid

no you do need both, unless you want use the app for your iOS device...

vukodlak75
Nisam Ti Dude
Premium,MVM
join:2001-10-27
Willoughby, OH
reply to haroldo

said by haroldo:

thanks!
so I'll need both 1PW3 and 1PWPro, right?

Yes, if you want to have your passwords on your iPhone (or iPad/iPod).
--
Money can't buy you happiness ... But it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery.

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170
kudos:2
reply to Da Geek Kid

And you only need the $15 Pro if you are running on both iPhone/Touch AND iPad. There is a $10 non-pro version for iPhone OR iPad (as in iPhone version doesn't run on iPad and vice versa).

scooby
Premium
join:2001-05-01
Schaumburg, IL

boo, no Linux support from 1Password.

Thinkdiff
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY
kudos:11

The web version (if you use dropbox or your own server) works just fine in Firefox on linux for retrieving passwords and information. Unfortunately, you can't add new ones.
--
University of Southern California - Fight On!

Da Geek Kid

reply to scooby

not a linux forum...

haroldo

united state
reply to vukodlak75

Okay, started with the Pro for iToys. How come iPhone requires the four digit log in, but iPhone requires the Master Password to log in?

ctgreybeard
Old dogs can learn new tricks
Premium
join:2001-11-13
Bethel, CT
Reviews:
·Comcast

I'm not sure the question made much sense but the four-digit passcode is "low security" and the longer passcode will open up "high security" entries.

Each entry in 1Password has a "security level" associated with it. Low Security unlocks with the four-digit passcode. To get to High Security entries you need the longer passcode. It's up to you which level of security you assign to what entry. I have things like Frequent Flyer ID number to Low Security. Most, however, are High Security.
--
Old dogs can learn new tricks!

haroldo

united state

What i meant was when I first clicked the icon to enter the app. On iPhone I put in the four digit PIN. On iPad, it asks for the master password. I prefer to have the PIN to access app. How divi change iPad so I only need the PIN?
Thanks!

haroldo

united state

I wrote tech support and got this...

"Thanks for contacting AgileBits support.

The lack of a PIN to access 1Password for the iPad was intentional. The unlock code on the iPhone was put in place before multi-tasking existed, so users wanted quick access to the 1Password app and selected data without having to type their master password on the iPhone's smaller keyboard. On the iPad we decided to be consistent with our desktop apps, a single point of unlock via the master password because of the bigger keyboard.

This doesn't mean that we won't readdress the way this works in a future release of 1Password. We are always looking at ways to improve our 1Password products.

Thanks"

TamaraB
Question The Current Paradigm
Premium
join:2000-11-08
Da Bronx
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
·Clearwire Wireless
reply to skeechan

said by skeechan:

+1 for 1Password.

Yeah, it works well on both my Mac and iPhone. Only one site it can't deal with. Sears.com uses a javascript applet for entering login credentials, and 1password ignores it totally. Every other site works perfectly.

Thanks for the info, I have been able to set strong passwords on all my sites.

Bob

haroldo

united state
reply to haroldo

I've contacted 1Password ...about a handful of sites that I'm having trouble with...they're excellent, replying usually within an hour or two. Very impressed.