how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

howardfine

join:2002-08-09
Saint Louis, MO
reply to cdru

Re: goDaddy upset I have folders with no index.html What the?

Oh. Ok. If I knew that then I would have supplied the same solution in Lisp. Which he could use if Lisp is supported on his server and he gives precedence to it over any other index he uses. Or he could rewrite the Lisp code to any language he wants to use.

Of course, I'd be assuming he knows how to program. And knows Lisp. And uses a program at all. And can modify his server to do all that.

Shesh.

cdru
Go Colts
Premium,MVM
join:2003-05-14
Fort Wayne, IN
kudos:7

Don't be a dumbass. All Godaddy plans support PHP. No server modifications required. And as long as he didn't have any index.* files except index.php he would likely meet Godaddy's requirements.

Even if he doesn't know a lick about programming, everything that he needs was in the post. Or he could just ask a follow up question.

Ken
Premium,MVM
join:2003-06-16
Markle, IN
reply to WalkGood

In the past I have used various photo sharing systems on my website, and they all worked basically the same. You have a folder for all your pictures. Inside that folder the pictures are organized into other folders based on how you are setting up the albums (people>son's name>1st birthday party and so on). All of those sub folders have no html files of anykind in them just a bunch of .jpgs. I'm guessing that if you installed such a system into your root folder and set it up so anonymous users aren't allowed to view anything that by itself would pass muster with godaddy. However you could go one step farther and actually put your pictures into that system and require new accounts to be approved, and only then after you have manually approved an account they can see your pictures.

howardfine

join:2002-08-09
Saint Louis, MO
reply to cdru

This reminds me of all those programming threads where replies say, "Just use jQuery!" but what if the coder doesn't want to use jQuery or javascript at all and there's an obvious solution using CSS.

ProtusMose
Immortal. Eternal.
Premium
join:2001-10-03
Bellevue, NE
kudos:4
reply to cdru

My, that was kind of harsh.